POLL: Do you want video support in Reason?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Would you like video support in Reason?

Yes!
28%
Yes, however there are other features I would like to see first.
22%
No!
27%
No, but I'm OK with the feature being there for others to use.
23%

Total votes: 219
CharlyCharlzz

25 Sep 2015

Votations turned cool :)
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

yamguitar

25 Sep 2015

I don't miss it at all right now, but if it were there I'd probably use it!

CapedSam

12 Dec 2015

Just the ability to sync reason with a video would be enough for me. Any chopping/stretching etc of video would be a bonus.

CapedSam

12 Dec 2015

Hell, if Reason could just send MTC, that would open up a lot of possibilities.

clone

12 Dec 2015

No, I don't have any use for it. If props decides to update it with a new version then it will just sit there and not be used. Just like how kong sits there collecting dust.

shredmiyagi

12 Dec 2015

It'd be nice.. it would bring it closer to the "industry" heavyweights (DP, PT)... IMO, if they do that, they might justify a higher cost for the software, as video-sync isn't exactly a light-hearted feature to program, especially as they just massively re-hauled the graphics/interface and didn't already take video into account.

I haven't tried R8 yet so it's hard to say what I think, but based on the criticism, sounds like they might want to focus on making the new interface work as intuitively as possible. I do feel part of Reason's charm is that it's still... just like the old Reason. LOL, how many DAWs out there still offer the exact same stock FX racks and interface as they did 15 years ago? Don't fix it if it ain't broke.

While being a major feature... Adding a Video rack you could visualize or bypass easily would probably be least-obtrusive thing PH could add; wouldn't change your audio workflow unless you wanted to work on a soundtrack. I'd welcome it gladly, especially if they could make it reasonably efficient processing-wise.

On the other hand, I'm 100% certain that none of the industry/film-scoring folk are gonna abandon their DAW stations they've been using for 10+ years to go to Reason. It'd be a future move, to attract more new, young, aspiring music makers.

Sokpoppet

13 Dec 2015

I voted yes and no!

What was the question again...?

stephensmattlee

13 Dec 2015

Video in Reason would be cool although I'd prefer it if they improved and upgraded the audio and midi editing capabilities (tab to transient anyone?), plus of course updated the factory sound bank and brought it up to date as quite a lot of the old NN19/NNXT sounds are very dated by today's standards

KirkMarkarian

13 Dec 2015

Yes, please? Yes, I really need video support in Reason. I do all of my film compositions in it. I NEED it.

I use both ReSync and ReasonSync. They're great, but cost extra, and they work well, but not as smoothly as I would like them. The longer the films get, the less accurate they become. I can adjust for that in ReasonSync by defining the lag time, but as a composer, I would rather not. I simply would like the video to operate inside of Reason.

Shoot, even Garageband does it. I won't use Garageband, as I find it's "easy" environment frustrating, it's sounds lacking, and I won't purchase Logic. Reason is my most comfortable work environment - reminds me of the good 'ol days, when cords connect everything, and the way I've been taught "just works".

Please, Propellerheads, please? I LOVE REASON! I really do.

shredmiyagi

16 Dec 2015

stephensmattlee wrote:Video in Reason would be cool although I'd prefer it if they improved and upgraded the audio and midi editing capabilities (tab to transient anyone?), plus of course updated the factory sound bank and brought it up to date as quite a lot of the old NN19/NNXT sounds are very dated by today's standards
Agreed. I'm cool with the factory sound bank for a lot of stuff, but the orchestral bank is terribly dated indeed. Feel like I'm trigger sounds from my 90s Roland Guitar Synth. :?

Rickyd Dee

16 Dec 2015

Video is fine but as long as they stay moving forward and rock solid on the music side like they've been since day one.
Reason 9 / :PUF_balance: / :re: / :refill:

Jagwah

17 Dec 2015

I forwarded this data to Props a few months ago along with a detailed explanation on how to implement it awesomely and even made a parody video to compliment it all. I never heard anything back from them.

Really glad there is user support for this feature, we will just have to wait and see.

satyr32

17 Dec 2015

I still think they should concentrate on more fundamental needs, e.g. freeze, super-combinator, chord/scale feature, latency compensation. After that I appreciate implementing video support.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
https://soundcloud.com/aeon_eternal

delineation

09 Jun 2019

Rise from your grave, old thread! Has anyone here used ReasonSync2, or VidPlayVST? I most likely will be working on video soon. I seem to remember a program called REvision back in the day, whatever happened to that? I would love video sync as it would open up more opportunities to use reason in as many ways I can.

Jagwah

09 Jun 2019

delineation wrote:
09 Jun 2019
Rise from your grave, old thread! Has anyone here used ReasonSync2, or VidPlayVST? I most likely will be working on video soon. I seem to remember a program called REvision back in the day, whatever happened to that? I would love video sync as it would open up more opportunities to use reason in as many ways I can.
I got VidPlayVST a few weeks ago and using it was very smooth. You can drag and resize the play window to any size you like. That's about it, but that's all it says on the tin. Worth the asking price imo, no complaints here.

• Information