For the users that think Propellerhead just focus on Mobile App

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
RustyShakleforde

13 Sep 2015

Enjoyed reading this. Good points all around, and I know that as a company they must continue to grow. I have used reason since doing music production at college nearly 10 years ago (with big gaps of non use in the interim - back on track of late). I invested in the full product a few years back and indulged in some RE's. I am at a point though when I look around for inspiration or production tutorials very few (if any) of the producers in FACTS 10minute challenge, for example, use Reason (I am aware of reason specific tuts by users and stuff). Im cool with this - a large part of me thinks that ultimately any DAW has everything you need - especially when considering what producers had only a few decades ago.

This current marketing strategy does nothing to address (one of) the core issues with Reason and props which is that many professionals simply wont accept that it is capable of the same standard as the other big DAWS. If anything it makes props's whole package seem twee and indeed a bit like a toy ( I don't think it is this - but I can see it could give off this impression - no?)

I compared the websites of Abelton, Studio 1, Cubase, Pro Tools etc and can say that, again, although I know that they need to bring in new customers, the props site does make me wonder. I take the points of them wanting to get mobile users and stuff, and how that may translate into more updates on reason. but they don't seem to be going hard at competing with abelton and stuff. or maybe im just in a pissy mood lately. lol

I know its not that important, the views of others, you just do what you do and pay no mind, but Reason does have a reputation and it seems nothing on their site really addresses this.

Or have I missed something maybe?

chimp_spanner

13 Sep 2015

Goriila Texas wrote:Mobile apps are the future I own FL mobile on android about to get an iphone 6 plus or an ipad for FL mobile 3 a totally written phone ipad app. My time is very limited I would be very happy to be able to do all my drum patterns on my phone at work and finish the project at home.
Oh for sure man, I own just about every sequencer and groovebox out there for iPad. Caustic, Cubasis, Gadget. All great apps. Sadly, Figure and Take just aren't on a level. I mean I've made a few grooves with Figure but that's about it. Without stem and MIDI export, or even some rudimentary arrangement functions, it's not really enough to warrant placing any degree of focus on.

• Information