Question about audio in

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
sooper8

08 Sep 2015

Hi all,

I was a user way back when it was Reason/Record 1.5.
I came on to the forum to find the best way to reinstall my old version and before I knew it I'd upgraded to Reason 8.2 (at an amazing price too)

Anyway, my question is this.....(and believe me, I am embarrassed to ask because I know the answer is something simple)

I can input through an external mic when coming in via my USB interface, but if I just want to get a sound into Reason (say via NN-XT sampler or just record on an audio track) through my built in macbook mic then nothing comes through.

I must be missing a really basic thing? I am sure I used to do this way back join Reason/Record 1.5?
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

esselfortium

08 Sep 2015

I think you might be running into the same issue that was perplexing me for a while. If so, you need to create an "aggregate audio device" with your desired input and output, using the Audio & Midi Setup program in your Utilities folder. There are some guides on how to set this up online.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

sooper8

08 Sep 2015

Many thanks for reply. I will have a search for that now...
Everything you love,everything meaningful with depth & history,all passionate authentic experiences will be appropriated,mishandled,watered down,cheapened, repackaged,marketed & sold to the people you hate

sooper8

08 Sep 2015

Many thanks- sorted!

esselfortium

08 Sep 2015

Great to hear!
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

• Information