no update of ABL2 on ABL3 !!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
donFranzi

07 Sep 2015

no update of ABL2 on ABL3 I find pretty shit from AudioRealism ... !!
no more support for ABL2 and not even a picture of my Rackextension .. feel me as pretty fucked ... would really make a chargeable update .. !! can not englisch..ist google translated

MirEko

09 Sep 2015

Welcome to rack extensions.
:reason: :record: :re: :ignition: :refill: :PUF_take: :PUF_figure:

Dante

09 Sep 2015

+1. They should have given an upgrade price. Hence I won't be buying from them again unless they give it at a rock bottom sale price.

phasys

09 Sep 2015

No wonder they killed the forum. They wouldn't like such things on there.

Exowildebeest

09 Sep 2015

Are people still upset about this?

I really prefer the whole new version, instead of an update that would be severely limited in design by having to maintain backwards compatibility. ABL3 had an intro price as well.

Plus you can keep using the old version forever if you bought it.

They did consider bringing back ABL2 at a reduced price but... Meh. Don't know if that's worth the hassle for them. Let's consider it rare vintage gear from now on.

Biolumin3sc3nt

09 Sep 2015

Word - I just bought this today and put the update price thing aside. Life's too short, and now I have some new Groovin acid lines!

Jagwah

10 Sep 2015

I asked when it was in development and they said they would look in to it. I like my ABL2 but I never considered ABL3 and probably never will :)

joeyluck

10 Sep 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:Are people still upset about this?

I really prefer the whole new version, instead of an update that would be severely limited in design by having to maintain backwards compatibility. ABL3 had an intro price as well.

Plus you can keep using the old version forever if you bought it.

They did consider bringing back ABL2 at a reduced price but... Meh. Don't know if that's worth the hassle for them. Let's consider it rare vintage gear from now on.
I can't think of any other plugins where the developer continues to sell the older, inferior version alongside the new version. ABL3 is so much better.

phasys

10 Sep 2015

joeyluck wrote: I can't think of any other plugins where the developer continues to sell the older, inferior version alongside the new version. ABL3 is so much better.
I can't think of any other plugins where the developer charges the full amount for previous version owners.

joeyluck

10 Sep 2015

phasys wrote:
joeyluck wrote: I can't think of any other plugins where the developer continues to sell the older, inferior version alongside the new version. ABL3 is so much better.
I can't think of any other plugins where the developer charges the full amount for previous version owners.
I can understand that—and I wasn't responding to that.

But also, we are talking about a developer here that strives to keep the regular prices low for everybody—all the time.
IMO (and many others), this is the best 303 emulation. It's easily worth so much more.
What's the regular going price for great plugins? At least $99 or more, right?
I'd rather have a developer that keeps prices low year-round rather than hike up prices and then dish out upgrade prices.
And it's still on sale now on top of that low price.
If there's ever an ABL4 version released (if it could possibly get any better) I would gladly pay for that one if it offered something more.

Not trying to start an argument. Just my opinion and hopefully it will help folks see this particular developer's dealings in a different light.
There still seems to be some confusion about upgrade pricing amongst developers. Most developers say it's impossible or difficult. Rob Papen seems to make it work. But many developers always say that Propellerhead suggests intro pricing as the best alternative. Who knows. I can understand the frustration... But again, it is an amazing low price year-round.

• Information