Who Made The Original Reason Factory Samples?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
NYC2MIA855

02 Sep 2015

I've been really interested for years in finding out who made all those amazing Rhodes Loops for the NN-XT And Dr. Rex Player back in the day?

I'm not sure if those samples are still included in the factory sound bank. But I'm talking about the ones that had swirling rhodes that sounded heavily processed with filters and vinyl pops on them?

Those samples were amazing!

EnochLight

02 Sep 2015

NYC2MIA855 wrote:I've been really interested for years in finding out who made all those amazing Rhodes Loops for the NN-XT And Dr. Rex Player back in the day?

I'm not sure if those samples are still included in the factory sound bank. But I'm talking about the ones that had swirling rhodes that sounded heavily processed with filters and vinyl pops on them?

Dublab, e-lab, and Loopmasters contributed a lot of the Factory Soundbank content from Reason 1.0 and 2.0, but there has literally been hundreds of other contributors in addition. Perhaps tweet Props (or hit their Facebook page) and see if you can get an actual Propellerhead to narrow it down.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Data_Shrine

02 Sep 2015

I also really love the factory sound Rhodes.

I just had to say it.

NYC2MIA855

03 Sep 2015

EnochLight wrote:
NYC2MIA855 wrote:I've been really interested for years in finding out who made all those amazing Rhodes Loops for the NN-XT And Dr. Rex Player back in the day?

Dublab, e-lab, and Loopmasters contributed a lot of the Factory Soundbank content from Reason 1.0 and 2.0, but there has literally been hundreds of other contributors in addition. Perhaps tweet Props (or hit their Facebook page) and see if you can get an actual Propellerhead to narrow it down.
Thanks man. I might do that.

Data_Shrine wrote:I also really love the factory sound Rhodes.

I just had to say it.
Those rhodes loops were amazing. The processing really made it sound like they were lifted off old records.

Magnus

03 Jun 2019

NYC2MIA855 wrote:
03 Sep 2015
EnochLight wrote:

Data_Shrine wrote:I also really love the factory sound Rhodes.

I just had to say it.
Those rhodes loops were amazing. The processing really made it sound like they were lifted off old records.
Sounds like the eLab stuff! If you want more like that, try and hunt down the Equipped Music Smokers Relight ReFill or one of the Smokers Relight volumes of REX2 files. Good luck!

scratchnsnifff

03 Jun 2019

Not only in Reason 9 but in Reason 5 the very nifty sample titled sharooz (or something like that) is the dude from sample magic. They make my favorite percussion loops by far, as their packs are separated by kick and snare and top end loops. It’s fun to make their loops your own by using various rack extensions:)

Also that same guy is the inspirational mind behind that recent synth audiare zone
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Marco Raaphorst

03 Jun 2019

All the shaker rx2 loops I did

Dabbler

02 Nov 2020

Yeah I have loved the Redrum Rock Kit sample since the beginning too. Always wondered if they were recorded or synthesized.

VIVIsect

02 Nov 2020

Magnus wrote:
03 Jun 2019
NYC2MIA855 wrote:
03 Sep 2015

Sounds like the eLab stuff! If you want more like that, try and hunt down the Equipped Music Smokers Relight ReFill or one of the Smokers Relight volumes of REX2 files. Good luck!
I've always been a big fan of the eLab stuff, and all of the Equipped Music libraries were amazing. I still get a lot of use out of them. They're still around, under the Rawcutz name, releasing stuff through Loopmasters. Good stuff.

Kryptopex

15 Jan 2021

Once i saw this thread on Google, i had to register just to ask this! (Even if i'm not even a reason user :cool:)

Would anyone happen to know what pack the sample "090_VinylRhodes_mLp_eLAB" originates from? It's been WIDELY used in many different songs and even radiostations and weather related background musics. It seems like it's from some e-lab pack, but it would be crazy to try and hunt it down pack by pack. So yeah, anyone? I'm suspecting Smokers Delight, but I could be wrong...

Thanks!

Karim
Competition Winner

15 Jan 2021

The Sharooz's Kong Patches are GOURGEOUS and I still use in my productions! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

NYC2MIA855 wrote:
02 Sep 2015
I've been really interested for years in finding out who made all those amazing Rhodes Loops for the NN-XT And Dr. Rex Player back in the day?

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

miscend

16 Jan 2021

I don't think elab / equipped music are around anymore. Sample Magic got bought by Splice and turned into an in house label.

Edit:
e-LAb are still around, they go by the name RAwcutz now and are still packing great sample packs

https://www.rawcutz.com

Kryptopex

04 Jul 2021

Kryptopex wrote:
15 Jan 2021
Once i saw this thread on Google, i had to register just to ask this! (Even if i'm not even a reason user :cool:)

Would anyone happen to know what pack the sample "090_VinylRhodes_mLp_eLAB" originates from? It's been WIDELY used in many different songs and even radiostations and weather related background musics. It seems like it's from some e-lab pack, but it would be crazy to try and hunt it down pack by pack. So yeah, anyone? I'm suspecting Smokers Delight, but I could be wrong...

Thanks!
Found the source! The original sample name is "AA43m5_mlp_Epiano-ton-delay" and it's from e-labs Abstract Hip Hop. A dude told me to open the rex file in notepad to find clues there and luckily, it said "090_Abstract-VinylRhodes.rx2" so I knew it had to be from there :thumbs_up:

Dabbler

04 Jul 2021

Kryptopex wrote:
04 Jul 2021
Kryptopex wrote:
15 Jan 2021

Thanks!
Found the source! The original sample name is "AA43m5_mlp_Epiano-ton-delay" and it's from e-labs Abstract Hip Hop. A dude told me to open the rex file in notepad to find clues there and luckily, it said "090_Abstract-VinylRhodes.rx2" so I knew it had to be from there :thumbs_up:
boom

Oberlai

15 Jul 2021

NYC2MIA855 wrote:
02 Sep 2015
I'm not sure if those samples are still included in the factory sound bank.
I can't imagine they have ever removed anything from any sound banks, that would ruin projects.
Last edited by Oberlai on 16 Jul 2021, edited 2 times in total.

epoch

15 Jul 2021

miscend wrote:
16 Jan 2021
I don't think elab / equipped music are around anymore. Sample Magic got bought by Splice and turned into an in house label.

Edit:
e-LAb are still around, they go by the name RAwcutz now and are still packing great sample packs

https://www.rawcutz.com
Rawcutz stuff is superb

RamonRivera

06 Sep 2021

Kryptopex wrote:
04 Jul 2021
Kryptopex wrote:
15 Jan 2021

Thanks!
How did you export the Rex file to open it in notepad? Im trying to find the original name of the library Chemical Beats by e-Lab that are included in the reason factory bank.

Kryptopex

15 Jan 2024

RamonRivera wrote:
06 Sep 2021
Kryptopex wrote:
04 Jul 2021

How did you export the Rex file to open it in notepad? Im trying to find the original name of the library Chemical Beats by e-Lab that are included in the reason factory bank.
Ooops 3 year old message :puf_unhappy:

I honestly don't remember, I think I got the rex's from a friend of mine online. I opened a lot of them up, nothing useful except for this common pattern
Chmnumbers_xxx_BPM_eLAB_2lettersand4numbersGLOB
no idea what xxx is. Xtc Files Of-? X-Static Goldmine? I'm gonna ask around and see if anybody knows

• Information