Reason + Notation Software Suggestions ?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
CapedSam

30 Aug 2015

Hi, I'm looking for testimonials on the experience of combining reason with a notation software, presumably via (virtual) MIDI.

I'm currently using Noteworthy Composer. You can set an output midi on each staff, and it integrates with Reason reasonably well in terms of "running" the soft synths, but it lacks one major feature - I can't get reason to "slave" from Noteworthy Composer. This means that I can't get Reason's playback transport to sync with the playback of Noteworthy Composer - a key feature that I'm trying to work with. Has anyone successfully integrated a notation software with Reason?

Sam

DharmaSound

08 Sep 2015

I use MuseScore, and I can get it to work as a slave from Reason,but I have to convert the parts into Midi files and then open them up in reason. It's getting better with rounding up notes with version 2.

yamguitar

09 Sep 2015

Hm, interesting. I use Sibelius for notation, but recently I've started working the opposite way from what you describe, assembling music in Reason and then exporting MIDI files to clean up in Sibelius. That way I can work up a full arrangement that is completed and ready to record over in Reason, and then just make a pretty-looking vocal score for my bandmates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Information