Pick a Reason native device to upgrade to v2

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
dioxide

30 Aug 2015

If you could pick one Reason native device and give it a minor update as per the recent Redrum and Reverb upgrades what would it be?

I'll go first: Kong to read Redrum patches. (Sorry it's not more exciting ;) )

am0eba

30 Aug 2015

Easy: Malström with user-imported graintables!

_Dave_
:reason: :re: :refill: :recycle: :PUF_figure: :PUF_take: :record: :rt:
"F" the ineffable! 
My music is available on iTunes, Amazon, Youtube, Spotify and CDBaby - more info:
http://2little2late.org/am0eba/

freeQlow

30 Aug 2015

M Class Mastering Suite as one choice.

EnochLight

30 Aug 2015

Neptune Pro: Melodyne-like editing, integrated right into Reason's sequencer.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eXode

30 Aug 2015

Thor II

Features
New polyphonic unison mode 2-8 voices with detune and stereo spread. Setting doesn't affect total voice amount.
New improved filter algorithms (zero delay feedback, improved SEM filter, added Sallen-Key LP/HP filter). Old filters will be kept for backward compatibility purposes.
New and improved shaper algorithms with oversampling
New sample loading oscillator with ability to load NN-19 files (only the multi sample data). Built in bit crusher/sample rate reducer
Added option to oversample the oscillators/filter, esp when performing audio rate modulation/FM between oscillators, etc.
Added "Random" source to the modulation matrix
Added "Constant" source to the modulation matrix
Added "Lag Processor" or "Glide" as a scale to the modulation matrix
Added "Global Pitch" target to the modulation matrix
Added "Global Mod/PW" target to the modulation matrix
Added "Global F.Freq" target to the modulation matrix
Added "Global F.Res" Target to the modulation matrix

Thor has a great foundation, it would be great to build upon it further. The things listed are some of the things I'd want to see in an upgrade.

Exowildebeest

30 Aug 2015

What Exode said about Thor 2.0, minus the backwards compatibility requirement (let's just keep the old Thor and not be limited by its form).

Either Thor 2.0 or Malstrom 2.0, the latter focusing more on the sample and grain side, and the former more on classic synthesis, those two would be, I think, very popular.

freeQlow

30 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:Neptune Pro: Melodyne-like editing, integrated right into Reason's sequencer.
I need to learn melodyne like last year

submonsterz

30 Aug 2015

nnxt 2 everything automatable and better sample editing in the editor selectable multi point loop markig etc etc

EnochLight

30 Aug 2015

freeQlow wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Neptune Pro: Melodyne-like editing, integrated right into Reason's sequencer.
I need to learn melodyne like last year
If you're using Essentials in Studio One 3, it's pretty simple. It's quite limited compared to full on Melodyne Editor.

But I digress...
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

riemac

30 Aug 2015

eXode wrote:Thor II

Features
New polyphonic unison mode 2-8 voices with detune and stereo spread. Setting doesn't affect total voice amount.
New improved filter algorithms (zero delay feedback, improved SEM filter, added Sallen-Key LP/HP filter). Old filters will be kept for backward compatibility purposes.
New sample loading oscillator with ability to load NN-19 files (only the multi sample data). Built in bit crusher/sample rate reducer
Added option to oversample the oscillators/filter, esp when performing audio rate modulation/FM between oscillators, etc.

That would exactly my biggest wish, espacely the unison, new filters and oversampling would be great.

Thor has a great foundation, it would be great to build upon it further. The things listed are some of the things I'd want to see in an upgrade.

That would exactly my first wish. Especailly the unison, new filters and oversampling.

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2015

riemac wrote:

Features

That would exactly my biggest wish, espacely the unison, new filters and oversampling would be great.

That would exactly my first wish. Especailly the unison, new filters and oversampling.
Me three
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

joeyluck

30 Aug 2015

Malström 2 with sample-loading has my vote :)

Seems like such a simple addition that would add so much.
Would more have to be done to how the Malström handles the samples?
Would the Malström then convert the sample to graintables? Or would that have to be done elsewhere?

zakalwe

30 Aug 2015

+1 NNXT/sample editor

Namahs Amrak

30 Aug 2015

I would like a version 2 of Alligator that wasn't so CPU hungry.

Apart from that, MORE FUCKING SOUNDBANK ADDITIONS. JEEBERS HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN !
My Words are my ART

Benedict
Competition Winner

30 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:Malström 2 with sample-loading has my vote :)

Seems like such a simple addition that would add so much.
Would more have to be done to how the Malström handles the samples?
Would the Malström then convert the sample to graintables? Or would that have to be done elsewhere?
We just discussed this in another thread. The developer of Mal talked (in an article years ago) about the sample loading thing and how complex it was creating the wave tables. It would be far more sensible to create a whole new synth; that way the whole new architecture could allow far more coolness like this

or the sample magic in Omnisphere 2

Till then Thor II all the way
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

JNeffLind

30 Aug 2015

dioxide wrote:If you could pick one Reason native device and give it a minor update as per the recent Redrum and Reverb upgrades what would it be?

I'll go first: Kong to read Redrum patches. (Sorry it's not more exciting ;) )
Wait. Did I miss something? How was redrum updated?

I'd vote for better pitch correction. Melodyne is the only thing I use outside Reason, though new synths would mean new waves of presets for me to audition.

Dante

30 Aug 2015

+1

alex

31 Aug 2015

Features

Nice list :thumbs_up: , I would add:

1) Switch on/off for snappy-exponential decay curve on envelopes
2) One shot button for LFOs
3) "High quality" mode for Multi Osc. It doesn't always sound pleasant or detailed to my ears ...

And the Melodyne integration Enoch suggested.

Ciao!
The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

selig
RE Developer

31 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:I would like a version 2 of Alligator that wasn't so CPU hungry.

Apart from that, MORE FUCKING SOUNDBANK ADDITIONS. JEEBERS HOW LONG HAS IT BEEN !
Four years almost to the month - or was this a rhetorical question?
;)
Selig Audio, LLC

Olivier

31 Aug 2015

:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

mbfrancis

02 Sep 2015

Add a pattern step sequencer to Kong - or add FX to Redrum.
Neptune+ - Melodyne built in - I just started using Melodyne Essentials and wow it reveals Neptune for the sad replacement it it.

I don't understand why in the R8 browser, when I'm auditioning REX loops in the browser (autoplay), they don't lock to the song tempo...isn't that odd? Sorry OT...
Producer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist. I make indie pop as Port Streets, 90s/shoegaze as Swooner, and Electro as Yours Mine.

Alkua

02 Sep 2015

People want:

Thor II
Malstron II
Nnxt II
M-class II
Alligator II
Combinator II
Redrum/kong II (2nd option)
Neptune II (1st option)

Those upgrades sound like Reason X
Last edited by Alkua on 02 Sep 2015, edited 1 time in total.

grumo

02 Sep 2015

I want a new combinator with more knobs, buttons, CV ins and outs...

Soundcloud // download 'Gracias' on Bandcamp // Facebook

fceramic

02 Sep 2015

Malstrøm 2 for me! Not having granular synthesis is a dealbreaker for some people.

EnochLight

02 Sep 2015

fceramic wrote:Malstrøm 2 for me! Not having granular synthesis is a dealbreaker for some people.
Isn't granular synthesis exactly was Malstrom does? Well.. a combination of granular and wavetable, anyway? But I would like to be able to load my own samples/graintables into Malstrom!

• Information