Oh..Oh...watch out TAKE,Izotope announced a competitor called "Spire "

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
pjeudy

20 Aug 2015

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

TheGodOfRainbows

20 Aug 2015

Very interesting! I really like izotope's sense of aesthetic.

lowpryo

21 Aug 2015

out of all the words to use, they call it "Spire"? aren't they aware of the existing Spire? that's so weird haha maybe u-he will come out with a mobile app called "Massive"

EnochLight

22 Aug 2015

I like the aesthetic of there's too, and the fact that it's an actual 4-track recorder (never understood why Take was just 3 tracks - although allowing any backing track in Take from Reason, Figure, or from Discover is more useful in its own right IMHO). I also like the fact that they built-in dressing and other iZotope effects. Take sorely needs a deesser!

I also agree that the choice of name was odd. If I were Reveal Sound, I'd be pissed and consider having my attorney send a cease and desist/request a product name change.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

submonsterz

22 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:I also agree that the choice of name was odd. If I were Reveal Sound, I'd be pissed and consider having my attorney send a cease and desist/request a product name change.
I think this would be fruitless lol . If they were to do this it would open up the doors for all the other products that are named spire and other company names etc ( And they would be in deep water as there`s been a lot of products named spire) no matter what it is I really do not think you can copy right a word that means a point etc. And the app has no relevance to the spire synth at all ( only would matter if it was a synth and was a clone to be cut and dry on naming and branding) so it would be very hard to use just the naming of it to ask for it to be differently named. Maybe izotope used the word to mean the top the pinnacle etc etc. :thumbs_up:

submonsterz

22 Aug 2015

lowpryo wrote:out of all the words to use, they call it "Spire"? aren't they aware of the existing Spire? that's so weird haha maybe u-he will come out with a mobile app called "Massive"
Be a little like telling these to not be called Massive ???

http://www.massiveoz.com/

JNeffLind

22 Aug 2015

Props had the idea first. Good for them. But they haven't allowed users to interact with each other via their system, only allowed single tracks, etc. They're going to be destroyed in the "market share" battle if they don't fix the complaints about Discover that seem to be universal. (There are some who like it, don't get me wrong, but even they would like to have more ability to interact, to not just have single wav files, etc.)

I personally think this is hilarious. Hopefully Discover will get pushed out of the market and Props will go back to the stuff I enjoy. (Selfish I know, sorry to the Discoverheads.)

MarkTarlton

22 Aug 2015

lowpryo wrote:out of all the words to use, they call it "Spire"? aren't they aware of the existing Spire? that's so weird haha maybe u-he will come out with a mobile app called "Massive"
you mean reveal sound? :)

https://www.reveal-sound.com/

• Information