Trouble with Ignition Key

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JoshuaPhilgarlic

20 Aug 2015

I just installed Reason on a second computer (a Mac Pro built in a 19'' Rack). As my main machine is still my Macbook Pro I liked to 'reactivate' my old Ignition Key. It seems that all authorisations are properly written on it. But when I plug it to the new computer it appears as a USB drive (which seems odd to me 'cause I never saw the IK appear on the desktop before) and Reason still asks for online verification or demo mode. Any idea? The Mac Pro uses OSX 10.9.5, Reason is 8.3.

P.S.: I know that I'm not allowed to use Reason on both computers at the same time. So don't teach me ;) !

kitekrazy

23 Aug 2015

It could be the Codemeter software. The Ignition key is no longer necessary unless you keep a machine offline. Online just log into your account.

Gaja

24 Aug 2015

Have you restarted your computer with the key plugged in?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

JoshuaPhilgarlic

24 Aug 2015

kitekrazy wrote:It could be the Codemeter software. The Ignition key is no longer necessary unless you keep a machine offline. Online just log into your account.
Well, "online" is a little bit of a problem with this computer. There's no cable connection to the internet, and the WiFi is so weak... I needed 2 days to download all the REs (okay, there are a lot of them ;) ), and authorization stopped after a few % ('cause of 'issues with the internet connection'). So I thought the IK would be a good idea - especially 'cause we don't need it any longer. Many times I don't get a connection at all via WiFi! This is no problem usually 'cause the Protools stuff I use every day is properly installed, but Reason would just be a 'nice to have'.
Gaja wrote:Have you restarted your computer with the key plugged in?
Yep, but it's still there.

Gaja

24 Aug 2015

Have you filed a support ticket yet?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

• Information