Limited time offer: Save €30 on Reason 8 upgrade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
hydlide

22 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:
If you want to compare Propellerhead's indicators of tough times to Microsoft, then go right ahead, it only concurs with the speculation that Props are not faring well, and are relying on desperate, regular enticements over and above typical expectations of annual 'sale' periods on products.
i don't feel like discussing with someone who is mad about something and just wants to "proof a point" for the sake of his own point of view.

Emian

22 Aug 2015

if Props could just announce reason 9 soon, with Thor 2.0, swappable mixers (SSL & others...); a mälstrom with abbillity to load samples, or even another exciting NEW core-instrument, i believe we'll all go "WOW", & we'll all get along just fine !

Before Reason 9 i ain't upgrading , period...

As some said; Reason 7 is quite exciting as it is, i' m still enjoyin' it when i'm working it. The RE market is goin' strong , so even there very sattisfied !

I really think Props shouldn't try so hard to get all Reason 7 (or lower) user over to 8, but instead aim for a big bang with 9, & put themselves back on the map with the big boys ...

Until then i'll enjoy every moment in Reason 7 as i did before :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

Namahs Amrak

22 Aug 2015

hydlide wrote: i don't feel like discussing with someone who is mad about something and just wants to "proof a point" for the sake of his own point of view.
And that is your prerogative, my friend. I'm merely illustrating that your suggestion of Microsoft being 'desperate' may well be correct, and provided an overview of their financial losses to back that up. These aren't my 'point of view', and you can do your own profit and loss study on Microsoft if you wish, the information is readily available.

As I said elsewhere, the overload of Propellerhead 'offers' in the past year amount to great deals for users. What that may or may not be indicative of, as far as the financial heath of the company, is speculative. I thought that was fairly clear in my statement:

if, as many interpret, these campaigns are an indicator of desperate times,

... which neither attempts to 'prove a point', but acknowledges what some others have been speculating. Note my use of the word 'if'.
My Words are my ART

gak

22 Aug 2015

"and then, yet another OMG propellerheads are desperate crusade happened......."

fedexnman

22 Aug 2015

Tempting ! I bought a used R5 license ( no ignition key ) while trying to give R8 a good demo , i just cant get past the not being able to open saved projects in the demo mode . I thought about just selling R5 . This is really tempting with the convo reverb update ...............

gak

23 Aug 2015

fedexnman wrote:Tempting ! I bought a used R5 license ( no ignition key ) while trying to give R8 a good demo , i just cant get past the not being able to open saved projects in the demo mode . I thought about just selling R5 . This is really tempting with the convo reverb update ...............
You won't like it. It's not popular on KVR :mrgreen:

(I kid, I kid)

Tincture

23 Aug 2015

fedexnman wrote:Tempting ! I bought a used R5 license ( no ignition key ) while trying to give R8 a good demo , i just cant get past the not being able to open saved projects in the demo mode . I thought about just selling R5 . This is really tempting with the convo reverb update ...............
I really like Reason's demo method. You get to use the whole program as you would normally. If you could then open saved projects... It would be the full version. Depending on what you paid for your R5 license I'd say it would be tough to find a cheaper way to upgrade!

OldGoat

23 Aug 2015

If I were on 5, I would make the deal, you will get Rack-Extensions, Audio Tracks and a lot of other goodies for a great price!
Be quick, this offer expires Sunday 8/23/15 at 11:59pm CET.

fedexnman

23 Aug 2015

gak wrote:
You won't like it. It's not popular on KVR :mrgreen:

(I kid, I kid)
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, its not popular on KVR...... I went ahead and did the upgrade today . I don't really plan on getting into the wonderful world of RE much , I just liked the all in one concept , Discover , the mixer , eq(effects) , Amps , and now they have an IR upgraded Reverb . I will be looking into drum refills though 3rd party stuff that has stuff i can use for my VST HOST too and I may get some sort of master buss limter/compressor RE maybe if i find i dont like the included one , seems that the included stuff is more than enough though . I mainly do songwriter stuff vocals , bass , acoustic/electric guitars , and drum samples .. so i feel this is a good fit for me and maybe a change of pace .

EnochLight

23 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote:Yes, Microsoft may well be desperate.
Desperate? Or is this just business as usual? It goes up and down all of the time:

http://www.statista.com/statistics/2678 ... ince-2002/

Until 2015 closes and we see how much revenue their Win 10 campaign generates (along with their other products), it's probably a bit premature to declare the doom and gloom IMHO. I do agree that they've been losing market share for years (Bing, Internet Explorer, etc), but the good thing is that they haven't been resting on their laurels doing nothing about it. Windows 10 is a fantastic OS (so far, at least) and the new Edge browser - which is slated to replace Internet Explorer - really is a good browser when compared to Chrome & Firefox. I do feel Windows Phone is ultimately a failure, though. I'm blown away they're still in the game, in fact.

Regardless, Propellerhead haven't been resting on their laurels, either. We are receiving a frequent stream of updates to Reason (complete with new features), you know as well as I do that they continue to develop the RE SDK (which arguably is just as important as keeping Reason updated), and they're getting a big ass slice of every RE sold without lifting a finger. Truth be told, I would wager that they are likely in a better financial state today than they were prior to trying to join the hardware game with Balance and pre-RE. From a business standpoint, everything would seem like it should be anyway.

*shrugs*

It's awesome speculating with pure conjecture on just how they're doing, though. I'm just as anxious as everyone else in hoping that they're healthy and going to keep on providing us with updates to Reason and new RE's of our dreams. I could be completely wrong and Ernst and the gang could be holding out for the perfect buy-out offer, some day. They 'aint getting any younger, and despite Sweden's corporate and personal income tax, they've created a solid product with a passionate customer base that could very well be snatched up by a deep pocketed buyer someday. I'm probably more afraid of something like that happening, myself.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Namahs Amrak

23 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote: Desperate? Or is this just business as usual? It goes up and down all of the time

You clearly cannot understand graphs. What you posted indicates the lowest profit reporting in 10 years. :roll:
Last edited by Namahs Amrak on 23 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.
My Words are my ART

MarkTarlton

23 Aug 2015

I read that microsoft wanted to see windows 10 on 1 billion devices within the first 3 years! You won't be able to do that by charging for it. Apple gives you their OS for free if you have a relatively newer mac and has since Mavericks if I recall correctly...it's all the other crap they sell ya... and if you want to stay updated there are the all the other expenses of upgrading hardware and software. It's how companies stay in business...by selling you stuff over and over.

joeyluck

23 Aug 2015

MarkTarlton wrote:I read that microsoft wanted to see windows 10 on 1 billion devices within the first 3 years! You won't be able to do that by charging for it. Apple gives you their OS for free if you have a relatively newer mac and has since Mavericks if I recall correctly...it's all the other crap they sell ya... and if you want to stay updated there are the all the other expenses of upgrading hardware and software. It's how companies stay in business...by selling you stuff over and over.
Yeah, every business is in business to make money and every business is struggling to stay afloat apparently.
And I haven't had to spend money on a Mac since 2008. I kind of want to get a new Mac, but still not having any issues running Reason 8 on my 2008 MacBook Pro.
So kudos to Apple and Propellerhead :)

EnochLight

24 Aug 2015

Namahs Amrak wrote: You clearly cannot understand graphs. What you posted indicates the lowest profit reporting in 10 years. :roll:
That's adorable. So you ignore my entire post, make a personal attack, and quote one sentence out of context to make your point? I expected more of you Karma Shaman. :roll:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

gak

24 Aug 2015

The lolzes is very funny.

a) I don't expect windows to make a significant profit from 10 right now. Also, office being "365" is less gross revenue since many are in trial and it's a sub.

But (for those of us actually paying attention, and not trolling like one person is doing) chances are that this will be a little down this year. People are STILL hanging on to XP and several people have decided that 7 or 8.1 are fine. Dunno if I'm right, but that's how I see it. But desperate?

I think not.

Namahs Amrak

24 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:
That's adorable. So you ignore my entire post, make a personal attack, and quote one sentence out of context to make your point?
What is the point of engaging with your baiting, Dylan? It's been your sole purpose in responding to my posts for over three years. You speak of people making conclusions, then maintain your own speculative position. Your only take on Propellerhead is that they can do no wrong. This is the first post I have seen of yours since coming back, and I'm already reminded of how little I have to gain from anything you post. I don't happen to view you quite as clever as you view yourself. Therefore, it's time to say goodbye to you, my little ever dependable TROLL

My Words are my ART

Olivier

24 Aug 2015

Time to lock this thread.

May i remind all of you :
- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times.

- You are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team).

- For example, phrases such as "shut up, noob, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Suggested alternatives include "I disagree with what you said for the following reasons..." Please remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Olivier

24 Aug 2015

Open again for business.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

EnochLight

24 Aug 2015

eauhm wrote:Time to lock this thread.

May i remind all of you :
- Remain respectful of other users, moderators and administrators at all times.

- You are not free to attack, degrade, insult, or otherwise belittle them or the quality of this community. It does not matter what title or power you hold in these forums, you are expected to obey this rule. Doing otherwise will get your account banned temporarily, or permanently if the situation becomes severe enough (this will be left to the discretion of the moderation team).

- For example, phrases such as "shut up, noob, idiot," are indicative of problematic posts and should be reported. Suggested alternatives include "I disagree with what you said for the following reasons..." Please remember to stay mature and thoughtful at all times.
eauhm wrote:Open again for business.
Thanks. Despite Karma Shaman's allegations, I was only responding to his comment that I'm not able to understand graphs. :shock: I was attempting to engage in an adult conversation, but apparently failed. Anyway, moving along...

joeyluck

24 Aug 2015

Is the sale still going? If not, might as well keep the thread closed. The folks that missed out have missed out.

EnochLight

24 Aug 2015

joeyluck wrote:Is the sale still going? If not, might as well keep the thread closed. The folks that missed out have missed out.
No, sale is over with. I agree - close the thread back up.

pLansford

24 Aug 2015

I decided to pass on this because I'm not going to pay a hundred bucks for the native reverb update. I don't care about visual updates or the "dumping ground for cheesy loops" as the rooster described it. With that said, I'm having a great time making music and I'm still purchasing RE's quite regularly.

motuscott

24 Aug 2015

Cat hat tip.gif
Cat hat tip.gif (855.64 KiB) Viewed 1554 times
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

gak

24 Aug 2015

:mrgreen:

Namahs Amrak

24 Aug 2015

motuscott wrote:
Cat hat tip.gif