Limited time offer: Save €30 on Reason 8 upgrade

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
OldGoat

20 Aug 2015

CR68

20 Aug 2015

hm hm hm.... is it possible that august 24th is the beginning of the "grace period" when reason 9 will be introduced? if i remember correctly they did something like this in the past! (it was with RE´s)

Exowildebeest

20 Aug 2015

No, they're working on 8.4, at least if we take that blogpost literally.

popp

20 Aug 2015

... unable to find this on their website. Did you receive a promo email?
Super Dabbler

Heater

20 Aug 2015

I can't find this on their website either.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2015

It was an email with a promo code. I must admit I twitched a little (£70 is less than the boxed retail version) but it's still Reason 8 and we don't get on that well.
It's also a crap time of the month to try to get money :).

Grum.

EnochLight

20 Aug 2015

How does putting something on sale translate into "really needing the money" anymore than selling something at regular price? Sales are frequent in commerce and meant to move units, is all. I'm pretty sure any vendor selling something needs money real bad all of the time, or they wouldn't be selling anything.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Olivier

20 Aug 2015

Damned if you do.. damned if you don't..
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

20 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:How does putting something on sale translate into "really needing the money" anymore than selling something at regular price? Sales are frequent in commerce and meant to move units, is all. I'm pretty sure any vendor selling something needs money real bad all of the time, or they wouldn't be selling anything.
Nicely put :)

On a personal note I see we're both still struggling on with our dated i7-3770Ks ;).
Mine's as good as gold except if I play Computer Music Magazine videos on my second monitor - it can lock up the computer for some strange reason. All's fine on the main monitor. Weird!

Grum.
Last edited by Grumbleweed on 20 Aug 2015, edited 1 time in total.

EnochLight

20 Aug 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:
EnochLight wrote:How does putting something on sale translate into "really needing the money" anymore than selling something at regular price? Sales are frequent in commerce and meant to move units, is all. I'm pretty sure any vendor selling something needs money real bad all of the time, or they wouldn't be selling anything.
Nicely put :)

On a personal note I see we're both still struggling on with our dated i7-3770Ks ;).
Mines as good as gold except if I play Computer Music Magazine videos on my second monitor - it can lock up the computer for some strange reason. All's fine on the main monitor. Weird!

Grum.
I ended up slapping an old nVidia 8800 GTS PCIe graphics card in my machine and shifting the graphics processing to that instead. That said, even when I was using the integrated graphics I never had trouble pushing high def video to either of my monitors. BUT.. That was on Windows 8.1. I never tried it on Win 10.

But.. I digress.. Reason upgrade on sale FTW! ;)
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

eusti

20 Aug 2015

I got this via a Prop sales email.

D.

Ronin

20 Aug 2015

Got this email as well. Now I really need to decide whether to wait till reason 9 or perhaps a black friday sale, or just bite the bullet now.

cjb123

20 Aug 2015

Reason 8? Hadn't heard about this Reason 8 yet!? Must have missed that press release!

(You know what with props being so quiet on the marketing end of things) ;)

Gotta say I am tempted though...

OldGoat

20 Aug 2015

You totally right, what wanted to say is that they want us all to get on 8 so that they also get the money for the upgrade to 9.
I would change the title, but I'm too stupid and cannot find any option to do this.

For the sake of completeness, the PROMO CODE is "SAVE30".

Olivier

20 Aug 2015

OldGoat wrote:
You totally right, what wanted to say is that they want us all to get on 8 so that they also get the money for the upgrade to 9.
I would change the title, but I'm too stupid and cannot find any option to do this.

there ya go...
You can just edit the subject for the first post. That will change the thread title.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

OldGoat

20 Aug 2015

eauhm wrote:
OldGoat wrote:

there ya go...
You can just edit the subject for the first post. That will change the thread title.
Thank you very much, I thought of this, but I was too afraid.

Emian

20 Aug 2015

i like the offer but i'll pass !
i'm still enjoyin', exploring & messin' with all RE's i bought in May (3 days before the sales.....), it should keep me goin' till Black Friday....

If i see a Reason 9 announce before that, i'll have such a laugh ;)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

EnochLight

20 Aug 2015

I can guarantee you that Reason 9 will most certainly not be the next release. It was mentioned by Props themselves (Leo) that they'll be working on 8.4 at some point in the future:

https://www.propellerheads.se/blog/reason-83-is-here

Anyone even slightly interested in upgrading from an earlier version of Reason would be wise to take advantage of this sale.

zeebot

20 Aug 2015

Ronin wrote:Got this email as well. Now I really need to decide whether to wait till reason 9 or perhaps a black friday sale, or just bite the bullet now.
I'm still not tempted..the only thing that really perks my interest in R8 is the R7000 update. The workflow 'improvements still look like hindrances to the way i work and i still have no interest in the amps. I'm still happy with R7 at the moment, I will hang on for the next big upgrade and save my money until then.
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

OldGoat

20 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:Anyone even slightly interested in upgrading from an earlier version of Reason would be wise to take advantage of this sale.
Isn't that a matter of taste and the version of Reason? I'm on 7 and I would pay even more than 129 €, if I would get at least one feature that I want, but if I had a version less than 7, I would take this advantage.

EnochLight

20 Aug 2015

OldGoat wrote:
EnochLight wrote:Anyone even slightly interested in upgrading from an earlier version of Reason would be wise to take advantage of this sale.
Isn't that a matter of taste and the version of Reason? I'm on 7 and I would pay even more than 129 €, if I would get at least one feature that I want, but if I had a version less than 7, I would take this advantage.
Possibly, but taking into consideration that upgrades from previous versions of Reason are never this cheap (I mean $99 USD cheap?!!!) from Props and upgrading will allow you to get the new features that will undoubtedly appear in 8.4 (and likely future versions before 9 appears), then I'd say it's still a wise choice. Having come from 7 myself, the workflow improvements in 8 truly are worth it for $99 USD, especially seeing as how you get a built-in convolution reverb now and a plethora of other features.

Still, its value is subjective to each consumer. ;)

CaptainBlack

20 Aug 2015

Meh ... by the time the bank has charged me for the currency conversion it's no cheaper than buying a retail upgrade. Been nearly a year since R8 anyway. You know what that means.

ClassickHitz

20 Aug 2015

With all of the updates that have taken place since the R8 release, this is a pretty good deal even if upgrading from R7.

I was actually thinking of finally taking the plunge when 8.3 released but was still hesitant thinking maybe an R9 announcement is just around the corner.

I've got a few days to mull it over a bit further. If I don't pull the trigger I know for sure Black Friday should shield some kind of pricing break or bundle deal instead.

That's my hope at least :puf_bigsmile:

EnochLight

20 Aug 2015

CaptainBlack wrote: Been nearly a year since R8 anyway. You know what that means.
ClassickHitz wrote:I was actually thinking of finally taking the plunge when 8.3 released but was still hesitant thinking maybe an R9 announcement is just around the corner.
As mentioned above - the next features version of Reason in the works is 8.4. I'm willing to wager that a full version hop to 9 is at least 9 months to a year away - at the earliest. If you can wait that long and don't mind paying full price for that upgrade (which would still be cheaper than getting 8.3 on sale now since you'd be paying for the upgrade to 9 on top of that), then waiting would likely be worth it.

Tincture

20 Aug 2015

How much are you prepared to wager Dylan? I might have a flutter with you that R9 is out in less than a year :)

That said, if I had the cash I'd take advantage of this offer probably.

• Information