Presets and locations

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
auricle

02 Aug 2015

hi all,

Here's a nice easy question for you. Where do you guys store your own presets for standard and RE devices? Is it possible to have these preset locations recalled when a device is selected like for the default preset locations?

motuscott

02 Aug 2015

I store them in a file called motuscott presets which is broken down by instrument or effect category. This has been dragged onto the list that you see when you hit the Reason browser icon. Can't choose the default preset for an instrument though, as far as I know.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

auricle

03 Aug 2015

Thanks Scott,

So Reason's 'smart browser' only works for a device's factory presets? You cannot save to the same location?

Olivier

03 Aug 2015

auricle wrote:Thanks Scott,

So Reason's 'smart browser' only works for a device's factory presets? You cannot save to the same location?
Those factory presets are in refills. You cannot save to refills directly. Saving to the same location is not an option.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

auricle

03 Aug 2015

eauhm wrote:
auricle wrote:Thanks Scott,

Those factory presets are in refills. You cannot save to refills directly. Saving to the same location is not an option.
So, there's no way to automatically go to where user presets are stored when a device is selected?

Olivier

03 Aug 2015

auricle wrote: So, there's no way to automatically go to where user presets are stored when a device is selected?
I think not.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information