Reason 8 and MIDI controllers

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
graeme75

31 Jul 2015

Hi

I'm hoping this is quite a simple fix but its beyond me. I use both an M-Audio Axiom 49 and Ableton Push (via Pusher) to control Reason 8.3.
I had the Axiom first and all was well it would start stop transport loop etc and obviously generate sound with the keys. I later got Push and use that mainly for most things.

The problem I have is that sometimes I want to input the notes via a 'proper piano' keyboard rather than using the Push, which again works fine. However the Axiom now only recognises using the keyboard, all other knobs/faders, transport controls etc don't function.

When looking at the Control surfaces, both the Axiom and Push are sharing the same MIDI IN/OUT. How do I give the Axiom it's 'own' MIDI channels, so the transport controls, knobs faders etc will work as before on the Axiom? This kind of internal routing is where i get lost.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers
Graeme

gak

01 Aug 2015

Since I don't have those two things, the only thing I can suggest is a scratch reinstall of the drivers after deleting them from reason. It's not very painful. It may not work, but it's worth a try.

graeme75

01 Aug 2015

Cheers, deleted and readded to Reason and now all working as expected. Many thanks

• Information