High pitch note playing alone during recording

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Wakhan

30 Jul 2015

I have a very odd problem... I hope someone knows what's happening! :P

When I'm recording or playing something in reason... sometimes it records a high pitch note with a very low velocity (the bar in the sequencer is white). The thing is that I'm not playing that note...

This happens me in live too... and it's really bad because it doesn't stop... just like if it has a sustain pedal.

I posted a pic to illustrate better.

I tried to change the midi keyboard but still happens.

Thank you in advance :) <3
Attachments
werwerweer.jpg
werwerweer.jpg (534.63 KiB) Viewed 387 times

Gaja

30 Jul 2015

If you have the same problems with two different programs and two different MIDI Keyboards then I'd assume there are some faulty drivers at work. Do you use a MIDI interface? If so are all the drivers up to date? Are the MIDI drivers on ypur PC up to date? I am not very tech savvy nor do I use Windows, so I this is pretty much the only thing I can say. I'm sure someone else with more technical background will jump in to correct me if I'm wrong. All I'm saying is if I had this issue the first things I'd check would be everything inbetween your keyboards and the software you use. First I'd check the deivers, then I'd change my connection (MIDI or USB cable), try different cables or interfaces if possible.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Raveshaper

30 Jul 2015

If this is happening inside multiple programs (Reason and Live) and on more than one keyboard, there must be a problem with the device drivers or physical interface that handles Midi messages.

If it was specific to Reason then I would suggest checking the cabling inside the combinator patch and editing the Remote codec file for your keyboard to check for errors.

If you are using a midi cable to loop through your keyboard (connecting Midi Out to Midi In) make sure you unplug this and see if the problem goes away.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

• Information