Windows 10 compatibility

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Emian

30 Jul 2015

i updated from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro today.

Reason 7.1.1 , my Nektar Impact LX49, & my old Edirol FA-101 firewire audio-interface all work perfectly without searching any new drivers or the need to do so.

First thing i noticed is my computer boots remarkably faster then on 8.1 ^^ .
also on windows 8.1 my firewire audiocard sometimes lost sync, wich hasn't happened in Windows 10 (so far).

If any issues pops up the comming days i'll gladly share them here, but my first impressions are positive about Win10 :)

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

pLansford

30 Jul 2015

Emian wrote:i updated from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro today.

Reason 7.1.1 , my Nektar Impact LX49, & my old Edirol FA-101 firewire audio-interface all work perfectly without searching any new drivers or the need to do so.

also on windows 8.1 my firewire audiocard sometimes lost sync, wich hasn't happened in Windows 10 (so far).

If any issues pops up the comming days i'll gladly share them here, but my first impressions are positive about Win10 :)
Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering about it but I just got a new machine with everything going smooth so I'm not ready yet. ;)

Emian

31 Jul 2015

pLansford wrote:
Emian wrote:i updated from Windows 8.1 Pro to Windows 10 Pro today.

Thanks for sharing. I've been wondering about it but I just got a new machine with everything going smooth so I'm not ready yet. ;)
Congratz with your new built Peter ! specs ?

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

paulred67

31 Jul 2015

Ostermilk wrote:
PGR wrote:Is there any compatibility information for Reason and Windows 10 from Propellerheads? Should we upgrade today?
I've got a sneaking suspision that 8.3 is more in tune with Windows 10 than it is with any earlier version. Devs such as the Props will have been using the latest build tools and frameworks which would have all been '10 aware' for quite some time.

I've been running Reason on a dual boot since some fairly early Insider preview 10 builds and it hasn't put a foot wrong as yet. Audio drivers may well be another issue. I'm using a Roland I/F and there isn't an official driver for that as yet but I cheated the 8.1 installer for that and apart from the installer it works fine.

So you might want hold off until your ancilliary equipment becomes 10 compliant and not because Reason might be an issue. It isn't AFAICT.

Hence we've ungraded two laptops here already but my main 'Studio PC' is still running W7 as it ain't broke, although I'm running 10 on a dual boot alongside my primary 7 partition in order to cautiously move toward the direction of W10 at my leisure.
After upgrading to Windows 10 I had an issue with my Cakewalk UA-25 EX Audio/MIDI interface. I wasn't able to reinstall it with the latest driver for Windows 8/8.1 (no driver for Windows 10 yet) downloaded from Roland/Cakewalk website. Funnily, I was able to cheat it with an old driver for Windows Vista 64-bit which came on CD with the product. Apart from that, everything works smoothly (Raeson 8.3, Studio One 3, Reaper and a couple of VST plugins. :)
Studio One 6, Melodyne 5 Studio, Nord Stage, Roland RD-88, VR-730, Jupiter-Xm, JD-08, Arturia V Collection X, Pigments 5, Korg Collection 3, East West Cloud, Sampletank 4, Miroslav Philharmonic 2, Syntronik, Sampletron, Hammond B-3X, Blue 3, Pianoteq.

kitekrazy

31 Jul 2015

absynth50 wrote:
hydlide wrote:warning: side tracking here...

I never had any issues regarding the M-Audio Radium 49 nor M-Audio Axiom 61 in my cases. They seem nice to blend with Reason and I can personally reprogram them using it with Reason.

So I am curious (since i have seen pushedbutton on the chatroom fiddling with his M-Audio device / eg struggle with customer support). So I am kind of curious on what your beef is with m-audio products and using this with Reason.

Please note: I am not associated with m-audio in general, I just find it odd that when I pick up an M-Audio device I get it to work in an instance while others have a hard time fiddling around with manuals and all that. So this post is in a state of mind of "curiosity" only.
Ive got an oxygen and in fairness it just worked with reason no issues it's a cheap and cheerful device

the axiom air however uses hypercontrol, m Audio haven't developed the remote file mapping for the air and reason. The latest version of axiom air has been around almost two years! there are a number of complaints with its comparability with reason and other daws

The dials on the air are crazy, 1-127 might happen in a flash or take an age, again something they have failed to address via firmware etc
Their customer service is dreadful,
My st generation Oxygen 8 works in Reason. I decided to downsize my controllers and use iRig Keys and those small Novation units.

Sinistereo

31 Jul 2015

I'm having some issues with nVidia drivers in a multi-monitor setup (like the rest of the world), but everything else has been hunky-dory since upgrading to Win10.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

31 Jul 2015

Sinistereo wrote:I'm having some issues with nVidia drivers in a multi-monitor setup (like the rest of the world), but everything else has been hunky-dory since upgrading to Win10.
I lost a screen and the other screen looked appalling but a quick driver update put everything back as it should.
It wasn't fun but, touch wood, I don't seem to have any hard or software problems after sorting everything out.
I would warn that people's C drive will take a battering memory wise. I ended up dragging a load of legacy stuff onto my second drive.

Grum.

Sinistereo

31 Jul 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:
Sinistereo wrote:I'm having some issues with nVidia drivers in a multi-monitor setup (like the rest of the world), but everything else has been hunky-dory since upgrading to Win10.
I lost a screen and the other screen looked appalling but a quick driver update put everything back as it should.
It wasn't fun but, touch wood, I don't seem to have any hard or software problems after sorting everything out.
I would warn that people's C drive will take a battering memory wise. I ended up dragging a load of legacy stuff onto my second drive.

Grum.
I'm trying to update those drivers now.

Win10 keeps your old system on your system drive so that you can roll back to whatever you were using before the upgrade. All those extra files are supposed to self-destruct after 30 days...

apostlethirteen

31 Jul 2015

Well reason does run better DSP in win10 for me. Not sure about my 18i20 interface though!

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

superpop

31 Jul 2015

Maybe this could help

http://video.namm.org/general/A3E_Microsoft_Keynote.mp4

jump to ~33:00

apostlethirteen

01 Aug 2015

Got alienware 17 laptop, built in soundblaster recon 3di which switches ports back and forth, can be set to two 1/8th inch line ins..
It broke that, had to reinstall to use my headphones. Heads up, MIGHT BREAK AUDIO AND REQUIRE DRIVER REINSTALLS, I bet I have to reinstall my focusrite as well. NOT EVEN. Not now...

Name: Ricky Neff
Reason 8.x.x - 9
:adapted: :re: :refill: :rt:

tt_lab

01 Aug 2015

I've notice that my panorama p6 records one semitone below, have anyone notice the same problem?. Reason works fine thou. And I'm loving W10!

EnochLight

01 Aug 2015

tt_lab wrote:I've notice that my panorama p6 records one semitone below, have anyone notice the same problem?. Reason works fine thou. And I'm loving W10!
My Panorama P4 doesn't. Are you sure you didn't hit the octave down button on your P6?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

zakalwe

01 Aug 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:I checked and found my Focusrite Saffire is going to be ok but I guess the old M-Audio Axiom 49's drivers are unlikely to be updated.
Fortunately all of my guitars are guaranteed to work :).

Grum.
yep, my saffire 6 USB1.1 works great with the old windows drivers. actually works better than under 7 for some weird reason.

i haven't installed reason yet but compatibility seems fine with all hardware/software i've put on it so far.

tt_lab

01 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:
tt_lab wrote:I've notice that my panorama p6 records one semitone below, have anyone notice the same problem?. Reason works fine thou. And I'm loving W10!
My Panorama P4 doesn't. Are you sure you didn't hit the octave down button on your P6?
Yes, I've checked, and it is only a semitone. If I play Cmin it writes Bmin, althought I hear Cmin, what it is the most strange thing.
Back in 8.1 all is right.

EnochLight

01 Aug 2015

tt_lab wrote:
EnochLight wrote:
Yes, I've checked, and it is only a semitone. If I play Cmin it writes Bmin, althought I hear Cmin, what it is the most strange thing.
Back in 8.1 all is right.
Very weird. I'd send off a support ticket to Nektar Tech. You've got the latest firmware, correct?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

tt_lab

01 Aug 2015

EnochLight wrote:Very weird. I'd send off a support ticket to Nektar Tech. You've got the latest firmware, correct?
Yep latest firmware, but I guess they'll say win 10 is not jet supported. Also I'm having problems with one of the graphic cards, so I'll have to wait a minute.

Iapetus 9

01 Aug 2015

I'm just adding this here. I don't know how many of you care, but for me, the breach in privacy is making me rethink 10.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07 ... -settings/
38L > 51D every time.

gak

01 Aug 2015

Targeted ads? You mean like the targeted ads that I get all day/every day on my ipad, computer/s and telephone calls?

gak

01 Aug 2015

All set up. Time to hook up this soundcard and the nektar and see what happens.

gak

01 Aug 2015

Same card, same driver, same reported latency as win7x64.

EnochLight

02 Aug 2015

Iapetus 9 wrote:I'm just adding this here. I don't know how many of you care, but for me, the breach in privacy is making me rethink 10.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/07 ... -settings/
Doesn't bother me, but I sold my soul to Google a long time ago just for the convenience. :puf_bigsmile:

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2015

One thing that does piss me off is the search function. I've made my machine "local" so I can just boot up and go, but if I want to find anything I get asked to sign in to my account. I don't want to do that so consequently I can't find anything on my computer!
One thing I did manage to do was to make Google my internet homepage (after reading an article that said you couldn't do it!?!).

Grum.

zakalwe

02 Aug 2015

okay, reason 7 seems to work fine. authoriser worked. graphics seem okay. korg microkey recognised.

Grumbleweed
Competition Winner

02 Aug 2015

Grumbleweed wrote:One thing that does piss me off is the search function. I've made my machine "local" so I can just boot up and go, but if I want to find anything I get asked to sign in to my account. I don't want to do that so consequently I can't find anything on my computer!
One thing I did manage to do was to make Google my internet homepage (after reading an article that said you couldn't do it!?!).

Grum.
Ignore the comment on the search feature - there's more than one search you can use. The other one is ok.

Grum.

• Information