Pop quiz - creativity

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Social Exodus

28 Jul 2015

All you have is reason stock devices and you're starved for a new idea.... What do you do?
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

jam-s

28 Jul 2015

Semi-randomly browse refills or the FSB and see what patch inspires me.

sdst
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2015

the stock devices are better than most of the RE.

a good combinator, mixing things inspires

Benedict
Competition Winner

28 Jul 2015

Make and play with sounds till something grabs me. I too prefer stock units to most REs.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Jagwah

28 Jul 2015

I would get a Redrum with a 4x4 kick, then design something in Subtractor then put an Alligator on that. I would normally go REs here but to suffice I would create another Redrum and create my own pattern on one Redrum channel and split the gate outs to Alligators gate ins, play around with Alligators effect section then get some The Echos going on top of it perhaps in parallel. I would probably be well on my way toward a full session from that point.

Gaja

29 Jul 2015

Can I record Audio? If so, I'll go to the foley stage and find some weird items to play with and come up with a nice rhythm, record that and just build stuff around it until I can delete the original recording.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Social Exodus

29 Jul 2015

Some good ideas here...I was thinking of employing the Arpegiator and/or Matrix in random patterns to see what pops up.
:reason: 11 Suite/12 Perpetual License :re: Too many to count :refill: A few choice items

Nektar Panorama P4
Korg padKontrol

• Information