EMI 'midi learn' and VSTs

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jagwah

Post 27 Jul 2015

I was excited about setting up a Reason template to work with Massive and I got started using Hamu's Mod Panel and it was sweet. Before going too far I tried changing Massive preset patches and all the CCs stayed with their assigned parameters on Massive, then I tried closing it and opening it and I lost them all. They are still set up in my template in Reason but it means I need to redo the process of 'midi learning' in Massive for every parameter I want CC assigned. Is this unavoidable or is there a way to save the CC assign values in a VST (particularly Massive)?

Thanks!!

Jagwah

Post 28 Jul 2015

I have this set up just how I want and it works brilliantly, I can even take advantage of Reason's CV manipulation for any parameter, the only problem is once Massive is closed I lose all the CC assignments I have created. Do I really need to re-assign them all every time Massive is re-opened or am I missing something where they can actually be saved?

Also if any VST using people are reading this, is there any way to make a VST like Massive 'stay on top?' Reason gets focus as soon as it is touched...
Untitled.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Olivier

Post 29 Jul 2015

did you check: config/midi ?
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Jagwah

Post 29 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:did you check: config/midi ?
On Reason or Massive? Can you be more specific please...

Olivier

Post 29 Jul 2015

sorry, on Massive. I remember you can save maps there. But i can be wrong.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

Jagwah

Post 29 Jul 2015

Thanks, I haven't fooled around with Massive much yet so I'm hoping I'm overlooking something. I don't know why my VST questions go unanswered so much, thanks for chiming in.

• Information