Reason audio file feeds

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrisw

27 Jul 2015

Hi Folks,
I'm very new to Reason (8.2) and I just received an email giving links to feeds with drum loop audio files. This is great but when I click on the link it opens the audio file as a song. Is there any way of just saving the file for future experimentation rather than saving each one as a song file?
Thanks for any advice
Chris

Benedict
Competition Winner

27 Jul 2015

Hi Chris and welcome along. You have discovered Props' Discover which is a way to share rendered Song files. Then will always open in Reason. You could choose to render out to a Wave file.

Just be sure you respect the source of this content as even tho the files are free to use (esp those from Props) think how you would feel if someone had a hit with something you wrote.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ScuzzyEye

27 Jul 2015

As an additional point. One thing it does when opening in Reason is tag that file as having come from Discover. So when (if) you drop it back to the site, it can track the original source.

chrisw

27 Jul 2015

Thanks guys for such a quick response that's great, yes these files have come through "Discover" and I totally agree about respecting the source but just to make sure we are talking about the same thing these are 4 bar drum only loops described by Propellerhead as "A solid foundation for your track, or something to jam to". Anyway I'm off to have a another play around with Reason.
thanks
Chris

freeQlow

29 Jul 2015

If you are looking for audio drum loops, any sample pack will have them that is not a VST Synth, Reason Instrument Patch Pack.
Loopmaster for example....
Some packs have all the options
Refill
Aiff
Ableton
Wav/Acid
Rex
Zip

With zip, you get everything usually outside the als (ableton) and the actual Refill.
I tend to buy the Zip even when there is a Refill.

If you are looking for Breaks, I highly recommend the 10+ year old BT pack. Only place I can find it is on Beatport Sounds.

If you are looking for Straight Beats, I find myself finding the most inspiration from 2 recent packs I found on Loopmasters
1. Umek, behind the iron curtain.
2. Trafik

• Information