Extending shorter samples in NNXT

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
keeverw

22 Jul 2015

So I bought a refill with all NNXT patches, a Korg Triton Extreme refill if you wanted to know.

And it sounds really nice, but when I sustain any of the sounds, they last about 8 seconds and then cut out abruptly.

I realize with like piano sounds, if you really record all of the decay until it's dead silent, you would have pretty long samples.
But I am not really even worried about piano sounds so much.

But what about synth sounds, or better yet pad sounds which sometimes can be sustained for a long time in a song.

Is there any way to make NNXT just hold the last sound before the end of the sample? Or to smoothly loop it without the initial attack?

eusti

22 Jul 2015

keeverw

23 Jul 2015

That was helpful!
Thanks!

I did play around with that last night a bit, but it is gonna be a daunting task to do that to each sample for each sound in this refill.
I am gonna have to pick and choose only the main ones I want to use, and do this on a case by case basis for sure.

You would think a refill of a sampled instrument specifically designed for Reason would already have this done.
I guess that's a lot to expect for $20

Oh well, at least now I know there is a way to do this, because some of these sounds are really nice and I want to definitely incorporate them into my rig.

JoshuaPhilgarlic

23 Jul 2015

keeverw wrote:You would think a refill of a sampled instrument specifically designed for Reason would already have this done.
I guess that's a lot to expect for $20.
Both is true. It should be done where appropriate, but for 20 bucks you can't expect a miracle, because - as you noticed yourself - it's a lot of work to do for every sample.

• Information