Signature size and content

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.

Should signatures be limited in size?

Yes
85%
No
15%

Total votes: 33
Kenni
Site Admin

07 Jul 2015

Hi guys,

In light of recent changes, there's been some comments about the current signature size.

Should the signature policy stay as it is currently, where moderators resize/delete parts of users signatures, or should there be a fixed limit?

Do share your thoughts and ideas as well.
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

Resonator

07 Jul 2015

A size limit would be cool, this way mods don't have to deal with the extra work. Keeping embedded soundcloud stuff off the sigs would be helpful too, so we don't have to scroll away from them all the time. The smaller the sig, the easier it is to read threads without them looking like billboards.

esselfortium

07 Jul 2015

A size limit would be good. 2 or 3 lines ought to be plenty IMO -- it's just a signature; ostensibly the more important content ought to be in the user's posts!

I'd vote for no pictures or embeds in signatures at all, just text and links.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Exowildebeest

07 Jul 2015

No real animal fur should be used and signatures should be locally sourced.

orthodox
RE Developer

07 Jul 2015

Kenni wrote:Should the signature policy stay as it is currently, where moderators resize/delete parts of users signatures, or should there be a fixed limit?
Both automatic size restrictions and moderation.

Images can be really distracting, animated or ugly colored, yet correctly sized.

JNeffLind

07 Jul 2015

Exowildebeest wrote:No real animal fur should be used and signatures should be locally sourced.
And all sigs must be organic and gluten free. No GMO signatures!!!

CharlyCharlzz

07 Jul 2015

and no nasty evil crap signs , only curved lines !
It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

Exowildebeest

07 Jul 2015

And definitely no tests on animals!

pjeudy

07 Jul 2015

I say leave it as is.Some people may want to showcase there Music/sites etc... and some may be in this just for fun and don't really care about others work! I'm always listening to what others do, you can get ideas and inspiration like that.

So I say "NO"" leave it as is!
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

devilfish

08 Jul 2015

YES !
please,.. and more limitations:

-Text Only
-Only one text size
-Only one font
-Only one color
-No kurrsive or bold font
-No Pictures
-No Soundcloud Players
-Maximum number of characters: 50
-Maximum of 3 paragraphs

Thanks!

motuscott

08 Jul 2015

Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

JesusChristIsLord

08 Jul 2015

devilfish wrote:YES !

-Text Only
-Only one text size
-Only one font
-Only one color
-No Pictures
-No Soundcloud Players
-Maximum of 3 paragraphs

Thanks!
Um... You have 60 characters in your sig link... And while you're not linking to soundcloud, you're linking to itunes.
Why not just live & let live & let ppl do what they want with sigs. There's the forumview option to not view any sigs if it really bothers ppl. I voted "no".
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior :thumbs_up:

Olivier

08 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:

-Text Only
-Only one text size
-Only one font
-Only one color
-No Pictures
-No Soundcloud Players
-Maximum of 3 paragraphs

Thanks!
Um... You have 60 characters in your sig link... And while you're not linking to soundcloud, you're linking to itunes.
Why not just live & let live & let ppl do what they want with sigs. There's the forumview option to not view any sigs if it really bothers ppl. I voted "no".
The thing with the disabling sigs is that it disables ALL sigs. Then the good sigs suffer because of the bad sigs. That doesn't work. So lets apply some rules here, it got us this far allready ;)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

4filegate

08 Jul 2015

uncomfortably embed SC Player, only use SC Profil URL - already changed.
Hardware/Version/RE's/Studio/preferences [Quick verify usability] sending on different area code - would make no sense.

JesusChristIsLord

08 Jul 2015

eauhm wrote:
JesusChristIsLord wrote:

-Text Only
-Only one text size
-Only one font
-Only one color
-No Pictures
-No Soundcloud Players
-Maximum of 3 paragraphs

Thanks!
The thing with the disabling sigs is that it disables ALL sigs. Then the good sigs suffer because of the bad sigs. That doesn't work. So lets apply some rules here, it got us this far allready ;)
But good/bad sigs are subjective.
Are sigs meant to express the speaker or the reader? If you can't tolerate people's personality via their sig, surely it's easier just to mute?
That's what I would do, or just accept that good comes with bad and that other people aren't me.
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior :thumbs_up:

Olivier

08 Jul 2015

JesusChristIsLord wrote:
eauhm wrote: The thing with the disabling sigs is that it disables ALL sigs. Then the good sigs suffer because of the bad sigs. That doesn't work. So lets apply some rules here, it got us this far allready ;)
But good/bad sigs are subjective.
Are sigs meant to express the speaker or the reader? If you can't tolerate people's personality via their sig, surely it's easier just to mute?
That's what I would do, or just accept that good comes with bad and that other people aren't me.
Its a figure of speech. There's more then enough room to express yourself within boundaries. Just as you can express yourself within the boundaries of what we learn from our holy texts.
Where people are together there are rules in effect. I don't think i need to explain that concept. You work with that on a daily basis in your own community :)
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

• Information