RPG-8 and Kong combination seriously flawed or has a Bug!

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Gorilla Texas

13 Jun 2015

Man I haven't been able to do no music been trouble shooting all day in Reason instead of making music. 

In kong notes don't mute each other when connected to an rpg-8,holding down pads they both will play at the same time.

Download the attached file and you will see that while trying to record pad 2 with an rpg-8 on it while playing fast or holding the pad down will give you random/added notes which are recorded in playback. These added notes can't be edited out because notes from rpg-8 doesn't show up there. 

Physical drum modules in kong don't actually mute each other when on the same mute channel/link.

When using nano I get the same random/added notes when connected to an rpg-8. 

I have no need for Reason without both of these tools fixed! Will have to look for a way out in SO3 with it's new repeater. RPG-8 Bug.zip     
Attachments
RPG-8_Bug.zip
(56.04 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

normen

13 Jun 2015

The issue is with CV which is technically monophonic (note is a note and gate is on or off - you might be able to imagine how that can lead to issues when you have only one ON/OFF signal for everything). You can bounce the notes of the RPG-8 to a track and use it with the Kong instance to circumvent that.

Gorilla Texas

13 Jun 2015

Nah not trying to do that thought of that first. So that's my only option?

ScuzzyEye

13 Jun 2015

You can also use the individual gate ins on Kong to control the pads directly from different RPG-8s. Or a single ReDrum.

Gorilla Texas

14 Jun 2015

ScuzzyEye wrote:You can also use the individual gate ins on Kong to control the pads directly from different RPG-8s. Or a single ReDrum.
Yea that's what I've been doing using multiple rpg's and that's where my problem began. 

Would love to use redrum some type of way but there is no way to trigger the run button from a kong drum pad.

Gaja

14 Jun 2015

Why do you need an arpeggiator on a drum machine? Is it only for repeating? Cause glitch can do that (and much more) for 9€.
I'm also not really understanding what exactly it is you're trying to achieve. Maybe I just need a coffee :)
Upon reading your op again I'd say report it as a bug. Because it does sound like one to me.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Gorilla Texas

14 Jun 2015

Gaja wrote:Why do you need an arpeggiator on a drum machine? Is it only for repeating? Cause glitch can do that (and much more) for 9€. I'm also not really understanding what exactly it is you're trying to achieve. Maybe I just need a coffee :) Upon reading your op again I'd say report it as a bug. Because it does sound like one to me.
Yes for repeating notes at different time signatures. Who makes glitch the shop is a madhouse I don't want to go thru a million RE's?

edit: found it.

Gorilla Texas

14 Jun 2015

For some reason I can't download it from props site. Sick of the BS dealing with props and Reason,my time is very limited when in the mood I need to just launch my DAWs and go! Blown a full day with this ish! I'm going to go ahead and get a mac mini and Logic just to use ultrabeat tired of the BS will try and sell my Reason v7 to help cover the cost.

Gaja

14 Jun 2015

Wow...
Cheers!
Fredhoven

normen

14 Jun 2015

Looks like somebodies plan was to get upset today ^^

• Information