Reason file wont bounce out the song

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
scifunk

11 Jun 2015

Ok, to cut a long story short I have a Reason song file that will only save to the C drive, can not be copied, burnt or moved anywhere else, and now wont bounce out as a song. It appears to be stuck processing audio in the background as the 'calc' wheel is permanently stuck at 7 segments full. There's only a few seconds of audio in the whole track. BLAH BLAH BLAH....

I can play the track so need to get it out via a different means. Is the audio direct out of reason at its highest quality?

If so  
1) can I record it internally via the soundcard to another programme ie audacity (PC running W7, Reason 7)
2) can you recommend a 24bit digital recorder with spdif. I only know of the Tascam DR100mk2

Any help welcome

ScuzzyEye

11 Jun 2015

The "calc" process is rendering audio into your temporary scratch drive. Check that drive for free space and filesystem errors.

Benedict
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2015

Unless your soundcard has a Record What You Hear option then you probably need a second soundcard. Don't forget the one that comes attached to the Motherboard as that will sort you in a pinch.

This is an odd situation.

Have you tried swapping back to 16/44 as that may fix things for you?

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ScuzzyEye

11 Jun 2015

As for your question #1: It depends on your audio interface. If it has a loop-back feature, and allows multiple program to open it at once, then yes, you can do it. It might also be possible to make a physical loop-back by connecting the S/PDIF out back to its own in. Again, you'll still need the interface's drivers to allow multiple audio program to be active at the same time.

scifunk

11 Jun 2015

Thank you for the quick responses. Had lots of windows issues and did a fresh install but this one file seems to be affected by the process. I cant seem to stop the audio processing going on. I have a Focusrite Sapphire Le (original) and I believe it doies have a loop function.

ScuzzyEye

11 Jun 2015

I have a Focusrite Saffire interface also, but the PRO40. Their drivers are good, and should allow one program to play, and another record. You might try using Reason with the DX mode, and your recording software with ASIO.

I do that, but the other way around, to record things like the sound from YouTube videos into Reason.

scifunk

11 Jun 2015

Could I use some form of audio ripper - how do they tap the sound ie all digital? Like this: http://www.nch.com.au/soundtap/index.ht ... wwodprYA0g

Pepin

11 Jun 2015

You can rewire Reason into another DAW and record it's output there, then bounce from that DAW. If you don't have another DAW installed, Reaper should work.

scifunk

12 Jun 2015

Unfortunately I cant turn the computer off as its unlikely to restart. So adding any other software is out the question.
Attachments
screen.png
screen.png (101.58 KiB) Viewed 860 times

Pepin

12 Jun 2015

What happens if you record the song into an audio track and then bounce the clip?

Here are instructions if you need them:
1. Enable "Rec Source" on the Master Section device in the rack.
2. Create an audio track. From the rack, choose Stereo Input and select Master Section as the input source for the track.
3. Record the entire song into the audio track.
4. Right click the resulting clip and choose Bounce Clip to Disk.
Attachments
screen.png
screen.png (101.58 KiB) Viewed 838 times

ProfessaKaos

12 Jun 2015

What happens if you copy all tracks and devices to a new song session/file?
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

• Information