Reason 8.3: RV7000 gets convolution :-)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Gaja

09 Jun 2015

Ok guys it's on! I'm in the process of opening it. Midi focus from the rack..?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Olivier

09 Jun 2015

Gaja wrote:Ok guys it's on! I'm in the process of opening it. Midi focus from the rack..?
Wait what ? you got your hands on it.. if so, how ? :D
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

tiker01

09 Jun 2015

Head over to the official topic to get the download links: http://www.reasontalk.com/post/reason-8 ... 1287580603

Budapest, Hungary
Reason 11 Suite
Lenovo ThinkPad e520 Win10x64 8GB RAM Intel i5-2520M 2,5-3,2 GHz and AMD 6630M with 1GB of memory.
:rt: :reason: :essentials: :re: :refill: :PUF_balance: :ignition: :PUF_figure:

QVprod

09 Jun 2015

Gaja wrote:Midi focus from the rack..?
Wow just read it to confirm. Finally! Now that is exciting! It's the simple things....

ScuzzyEye

09 Jun 2015

QVprod wrote:
Wow just read it to confirm. Finally! Now that is exciting! It's the simple things....
You think that's exciting.

"Adjust static value in Arrange mode"

That going to be my favorite new feature. :)

Gaja

09 Jun 2015

QVprod wrote:
This is so awesome, when you select midi focus for a device that has no track it creates one!
Little drooling over here :)
Adjust static value in arrange is also fantastic!
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Exowildebeest

09 Jun 2015

Browser fixed? Yes please!

Great news, also on the convolution of course :)

zwei

09 Jun 2015

QVprod wrote:
Gaja wrote:This is so awesome, when you select midi focus for a device that has no track it creates one! Little drooling over here :) Adjust static value in arrange is also fantastic!
Can you select a effect/utility and create a track in the same way?

Gaja

09 Jun 2015

Yes you can :)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Olivier

09 Jun 2015

Adjust static value is very cool indeed.. its almost as if we can type in values for any parameter now...
And the stereo modes, the slow m->s ... Awesome :shock:

QVprod

09 Jun 2015

QVprod wrote:
Gaja wrote:This is so awesome, when you select midi focus for a device that has no track it creates one! Little drooling over here :) .
That's sort of cool, I immediately thought, "using a Panorama for fx devices could be heaven now", but I could see that getting messy really quickly with all those fx device tracks. Really handy for automation though!

EnochLight

09 Jun 2015

So glad I can post this.  Now that we have a native convolution reverb via RV7000 MkII... check this out!!!  Very glad I don't have to use Studio One for this anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABMBcstWZqU
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Olivier

09 Jun 2015

EnochLight wrote:So glad I can post this.  Now that we have a native convolution reverb via RV7000 MkII... check this out!!!  Very glad I don't have to use Studio One for this anymore:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABMBcstWZqU
Thats very pretty..  thanks :)
Great new possibilities in the rack !

craven

09 Jun 2015

helmutson wrote:... rackzooming ? very unlikely ! I think they mean simply jumping from one zoom point to another in the sequencer window ... that's all
yeah, I was just dreaming ;)

This is from the newsletter:
Quick Zoom 
Move quickly from birds-eye view to close-up. Hit the Z key to zoom to your selection and hit Z again to zoom back out. This is a real time-saver when editing and arranging!

:ugeek:

selig
RE Developer

09 Jun 2015

I've been messing with the Convolution Mode for a few weeks now and have some fun things to do with it that have nothing to do with creating "real" spaces or needing to DL some IRs. Stay tuned for more in a bit… ;)

The other features, simple as they may appear, are actually big workflow improvements to my work - far more helpful than the last update that supposedly focused on workflow improvements! 
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

electrofux

09 Jun 2015

QVprod wrote:
Gaja wrote:This is so awesome, when you select midi focus for a device that has no track it creates one! Little drooling over here :) Adjust static value in arrange is also fantastic!
Finally a solution for the rack-browsing/controller assign issue. Can't believe the implemented one of my suggested dirty fix solution for this. I guess the tracklist can get convoluted quickly if you start tweaking this and that Rack device but nevertheless if you stay in the Rack for tweaking it is a huge timesaver.

Gone are the days of right click and search for the "create track for selected device" entry in the big ass context menu.

Djstarski

09 Jun 2015

great news , i`m looking for a NS10 impulse response . has anyone got one laying around somewhere or any console IR`s ?

joeyluck

09 Jun 2015

selig wrote:I've been messing with the Convolution Mode for a few weeks now and have some fun things to do with it that have nothing to do with creating "real" spaces or needing to DL some IRs.
Yup! This is exactly what I am doing with it at the moment! Very awesome sounding, other-worldy effects. As well as great sounding, natural reverbs from IRs not intended to be IRs or in any way recorded to be such... Having lots of fun! :)

altron

09 Jun 2015

QwaizanG wrote: Improvements are good. I like improvements.
Trouble is, I can't un-see what I've seen.
For me, SO3 is quite simply a galaxy far, far away from finally adding convolution.
I found myself pointing at my monitor and shouting "Yes! Look at that! Oh my god! Now we're talking!", etc.
I mean, wow. I thought making an entire wishlist come true was science fiction. Nope. They did it.
I don't want to adopt early, but my plans are now laid.
Resume topic.
Excuse me but what does SO3 mean?
Trap is where music goes to die.

selig
RE Developer

09 Jun 2015

Djstarski wrote:great news , i`m looking for a NS10 impulse response . has anyone got one laying around somewhere or any console IR`s ?
For any non-linear process, such as saturation, distortion, etc., convolution is not an ideal solution. Unless you take MANY 'samples' at many different levels and have a device that can interpret those, like you do when you sample many different velocity levels of a dynamic instrument like a piano, guitar, or drums.

The NS-10 IR (if it exists and was recorded in an anechoic chamber or similar and each channel recorded separately) might sound interesting, but I certainly wouldn't expect it to make your monitors sound like NS-10s if that's what you're after…any more than a vocoder makes a synth sound like its "talking". IMO, of course…
Selig Audio, LLC

selig
RE Developer

09 Jun 2015

selig wrote:I've been messing with the Convolution Mode for a few weeks now and have some fun things to do with it that have nothing to do with creating "real" spaces or needing to DL some IRs.
joeyluck wrote:
Yup! This is exactly what I am doing with it at the moment! Very awesome sounding, other-worldy effects. As well as great sounding, natural reverbs from IRs not intended to be IRs or in any way recorded to be such... Having lots of fun! :)
Even more fun if you create your IRs 'custom' from scratch… ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

joeyluck

09 Jun 2015

joeyluck wrote:
selig wrote:
Even more fun if you create your IRs 'custom' from scratch… ;)
Oh indeed. Also what I have been doing :)

softska

09 Jun 2015

So pumped I don't even

:s0221: :s0221: Image  :s0221:

ReasonUser

09 Jun 2015

If 8.3 was "reason 8" I probably would have jumped on the v8 bandwagon right away. But this sort of trickling of new features has me thinking each time "well, I've lived without xyz for this long, I probably don't need xyz plus another feature or two either.". It's a perceived value sort of thing I guess.

• Information