Recording multiple audio idea onto one track

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
JoshC1

08 Jun 2015

Hey guys. This is my first post in the 'new' forum. Have most of the guys from the the props.se forum migrated over to here?

I was just wondering whether there is a way (or a workaround) in R8 or R9 to to cycle-record multiple ideas onto different tracks. So say i am in the booth and want to hit record, lay down a bunch of (different) topline ideas and then come back to the computer and choose the best ones. Is there a way of doing this?

Obviously I know this is possible to do this using "Take Recording" but as far as I'm aware its not possible to then drag or copy different takes OUT of the comp editor and onto another track or are of the arrangement. 

If anyones got any ideas (other than manually bouncing each individual line of the comp editor back into the main window) please let me know!

True

08 Jun 2015

Offhand, I don't know how to do that, but a couple of thoughts:

There is no version 9 of Reason as of yet.

Would all these tracks be using the same instrument or different ones? I get the impression it's the same instrument since you indicate copying it from comp mode would be acceptable. If that's the case, why are you looping the recording? Why not just let it run straight and record all your ideas linearly?

Olivier

08 Jun 2015

When you record audio and you press [.] (New Alternative Take) a copy of the track (including inserts) is made and the previous track gets muted and you go on recording on the newly created track.
If you want to go to the next track without muting the previous press [,] (New Overdub).

Same works for note lanes on instrument tracks.

You can also assign a (key on your midi) controller to the [Dub] and [Alt] keys next to your [Record] Key on the transport bar.
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

tmask

08 Jun 2015

It is possible to copy a take from the Comp Editor, create a new clip on a different audio track, enter into the Edit mode on the empty clip, and paste the take.

• Information