Setting a parameter to 0/default value

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
SamBerson

08 Jun 2015

Hi there, is there a shortcut you can use to set a parameter back to 0 or its default position. For example, the Master Level or Control Room out?

:)

Theo.M

08 Jun 2015

command left click

SamBerson

08 Jun 2015

Haha, awesome! So simple :)

Theo.M

08 Jun 2015

SamBerson wrote:Haha, awesome! So simple :)
I know right.. i even prefer it to double click because you can't accidentally do it.

The thing to remember with Reason is, and a part of what makes it so special, is that key commands are universal.

In other words, command click (not sure what it is on windows), will work on every single adjustable parameter in reason to it's default value, whether RE, inbuilt fx or synths, mixer, etc.. everything. That's the huge benefit of the way it's coded.
I have a bunch of AU in Logic and they are all different for "fine drag" and "reset".

it is usually either double click, alt click, shift click or command click or a combo of those, but trying to remember that for hundreds of plugins is very difficult and i still haven't managed to do it by heart with all my plugins over the years. I always have to go through the procedure. The only one i remember is always double click is izotope.

Reason is awesome!

edit: spelling

SamBerson

08 Jun 2015

I totally agree, I really love the way Reason works in terms of how the REs and all the devices function similarly and in one, uniform manner.

Thanks for your help!

Gaja

09 Jun 2015

actually cmd click to reset parameter will not work on custom displays. But other than that you're right.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

mcatalao
Competition Winner

09 Jun 2015

Gaja wrote:actually cmd click to reset parameter will not work on custom displays. But other than that you're right.
Yep i found that the hard way with Syncronous! :/

• Information