Undull the rex-file

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

07 Jun 2015

Remember Dr:REX? Even with one loop you can make it less static by automating the parameters. Let's go back in history, might give you some ideas:
http://melodiefabriek.com/blog/flow-undull-file/

Flow ~ undull repetitions

Tincture

07 Jun 2015

Did I miss something Marco? I saw the example music file but you didn't explain what you did...

I agree that playing with parameters is fun. Bringing down the amp decay can reduce reverb on drums... It can be nice to then incease the decay later in the song to give it more of a room sound.

I often use the lfo on things such as filter cutoff and even pan.

EddieG

07 Jun 2015

Rex is fun to twist and tweak with
thanks for the reminder there are lots of good viable tools in the reason kit

stratcatfl in the house !

Marco Raaphorst

07 Jun 2015

Tincture wrote:Did I miss something Marco? I saw the example music file but you didn't explain what you did... I agree that playing with parameters is fun. Bringing down the amp decay can reduce reverb on drums... It can be nice to then incease the decay later in the song to give it more of a room sound. I often use the lfo on things such as filter cutoff and even pan.
You didn't miss anything. This is an old example using automation on Dr:REX. More blogs to come soon I promise :D

• Information