Volume control issues

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Blizzz

05 Jun 2015

Alright, I'm about to go out of my mind over here.

Regardless of what I do, track sounds are equalizing out to be a consistent volume over time.  I can have the volume extremely low on a sample, but if i just do a simple pattern and hit play, the volume, even with no automation whatsoever, will creep up to about 100%.  (The sliders aren't moving, just the audible volume of the sound)  It is infuriating.

I tried creating a new blank project and redoing everything and it still happens.  I've never encountered anything like this in my 15 years of using this software and I'm wondering if I'm just having a brain lapse or something.  I seriously can't figure out what could be wrong.

Any ideas?

edit:  I am on Reason 6.5.3

selig
RE Developer

05 Jun 2015

Much more info is needed on my end - what does "blank project" mean exactly? What is the level on the big meter showing when this happens? Any new gear/software added recently? 

Can you make a quick video showing this, or share a file for others to confirm?
Will try to help if you can give more info, or maybe someone else has seen this before?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Blizzz

05 Jun 2015

Thanks for trying to help.  I attached a .reason file that (hopefully) will illustrate the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvas690cu62lu ... eason?dl=0

(No new software, although this is the first time using Reason on this particular computer.)

jam-s

05 Jun 2015

That file stays at a very low level for me, therefore I guess that you've got some kind of feedback loop in your audio setup.

selig
RE Developer

05 Jun 2015

Blizzz wrote:Thanks for trying to help.  I attached a .reason file that (hopefully) will illustrate the problem.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gvas690cu62lu ... eason?dl=0

(No new software, although this is the first time using Reason on this particular computer.)
I would investigate further into what the computer is doing (based on what Jam-s reports above), since it's possible there is some sort of "auto-gain" function involved.

What OS are you running?
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Blizzz

05 Jun 2015

I'm running Windows 8.1 Professional.  I actually just created another blank project and could not replicate the problem, so it seems like there must be something buggy going on.  I opened up an older file I made in Reason 6.5. and when going solo on a single track, it too would keep increasing the volume (definitely wasn't the case when I made the song).  This is really crazy!

Blizzz

05 Jun 2015

Anyone else tried the reason file?  I'm really curious, thanks in advance!! :)

Blizzz

08 Jun 2015

Absolutely ridiculous.  The fix for the issue I was having was to reset the BIOS settings on my computer.

• Information