Reason Update

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ethday

05 Jun 2015

What?  There's no Reason update?  So then is anyone else annoyed when the email subject header "Propellerhead Update" shows up in their inbox only to realize they're updating you on "what's going on with Discover!"  

Please call the newsletter something else.

normen

05 Jun 2015

Well technically Discover is part of Reason, no matter if the update is on the server side it is an update of Reason.

ethday

05 Jun 2015

Yeah sorry, let me clarify, no software is being updated, we are being updated with "news".  I should have been less grumpy so let me give it a positive spin:

"When I see "Propellerhead Update" in my inbox I get excited for an update but am disappointed to realize Reason isn't being updated, this makes sad Ethan sad."

bitley

05 Jun 2015

I think it would be good with a slower Reason update pace again, giving us a 9th release with huge amounts of updates in one go. One that is like night and day away from R8.

jfrichards

05 Jun 2015

bitley™ wrote:I think it would be good with a slower Reason update pace again, giving us a 9th release with huge amounts of updates in one go. One that is like night and day away from R8.
I think we'll be seeing constant small updates from now on.  They set up a new quick process for that.  They have a giant list of such requests from users.  I think full point upgrades will be for major process changes, like adding a performance module, new Reason-based collaboration methodology (not Discover), Video linking, hi-res GUI, new pricing structure/modularity, iPad configuration, etc.  I could see .1 updates for a wah pedal, color scheme options, sequencer editing improvements, factory sound bank expansion, patch list refills for various devices, zoom options, many, many things.  I predict waiting and packaging 10 updates into one upgrade won't happen any more.

Julibee

05 Jun 2015

I wanted to see if I could unsubscribe from specific marketing emails (I DO want to get Reason updates, just not all this Figure and Take stuff), so I clicked on "subscription center" at the bottom of the most recent email...

I was disappointed. While there IS a section that seems to be devoted to removing yourself from specific publications... there are no publications listed, and the only option is to unsubscribe from all. 

Honestly, that's less than helpful.

Attachments
Screen_Shot_2015-06-05_at_10.50.05_AM.png
Screen_Shot_2015-06-05_at_10.50.05_AM.png (200.55 KiB) Viewed 1365 times
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

VOLCANIC

05 Jun 2015

Well those 'Figure, bundles, Take and discover are realy annoying now, well as for a "major" update, propellerhead will not give us such a thing as "major" update because they are focusing on RE's of which they can include as reason devices on a new update but they know the upgrade price is only $129 hand with those RE's they sometimes charge much more money than an upgrade

So if they dedicate their time creating RE's it means they can still do quiet a lot of new reason devices and let third parties do RE's
Volcanic Music

joeyluck

05 Jun 2015

Well, it does come from 'Propellerhead Update,' with other information in the subject line. And it isn't 'Reason Update' which is what would trigger me to think an update to Reason is available...

gak

05 Jun 2015

Didn't we already have this thread?

Lunesis

06 Jun 2015

gak wrote:Didn't we already have this thread?
Yes... let's keep it to one thread.

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/propelle ... 1287376836

• Information