AskVideo tutorial about Selig Leveler has Wrong Explanation

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Alkua

05 Jun 2015

Maybe I am wrong, but the askVideio tutorial about Selig Leveler is give bad information.

He was using it as expander, not as a compressor. He put the target high then move the fader to a negative side, so everything go down, and he said, it was compressing.

I would like the Selig Check it, because if the tutorial is wrong, many users will be misusing it.

selig
RE Developer

05 Jun 2015

Alkua wrote:Maybe I am wrong, but the askVideio tutorial about Selig Leveler is give bad information.

He was using it as expander, not as a compressor. He put the target high then move the fader to a negative side, so everything go down, and he said, it was compressing.

I would like the Selig Check it, because if the tutorial is wrong, many users will be misusing it.
This doesn't sound right - wish folks would contact the developer for a "fact check" like you do when you write a review. How can I view this video?
Thanks for the heads up!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Alkua

05 Jun 2015

Alkua wrote:Maybe I am wrong, but the askVideio tutorial about Selig Leveler is give bad information.

selig wrote:
This doesn't sound right - wish folks would contact the developer for a "fact check" like you do when you write a review. How can I view this video?
Thanks for the heads up!
This is the link, but you have to have a account:

http://play.macprovideo.com/reason-rack ... explored/3

PH can give you an access code to watch it in askvideo.com

selig
RE Developer

05 Jun 2015

I have contacted AskVideo directly and am awaiting a response…
Again, thanks for the heads up!
Selig Audio, LLC

Alkua

05 Jun 2015

selig wrote:I have contacted AskVideo directly and am awaiting a response…
Again, thanks for the heads up!
You're Welcome.

selig
RE Developer

05 Jun 2015

Yup, this video is full of stuff that just isn't going to be helpful or is downright inaccurate. I'm on it, and the support at macProVideo has been helpful and extremely quick to respond!
Selig Audio, LLC

SoulState

05 Jun 2015

selig wrote:Yup, this video is full of stuff that just isn't going to be helpful or is downright inaccurate. I'm on it, and the support at macProVideo has been helpful and extremely quick to respond!

That's frustrating though.  I was thinking about going for the Outboard Rig bundle and the tutorials was one of the selling points : (
If this Mo Volans fella is getting this wrong - what other misinformation could be in the vids?
:reason:

Alkua

05 Jun 2015

The outboard rig is good, it is just that video tutorial.
In youtube, you can see the tutorials. There is a video
That a guy do a loop record and tweak leveler and you
Can see how the waveforn change. You really see when
It is compressing or expanding.

SoulState

05 Jun 2015

Yeah I know the Rig is amazing but tutorial vids to go with them was a nice extra sweetener ;)
:reason:

normen

05 Jun 2015

Dat moment when you realize somebody is publishing audio tutorials on youtube and doesn't realize he's expanding instead of compressing..  :s0959:

selig
RE Developer

05 Jun 2015

Djstarski wrote:here is the link   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awvv0rujo68
That is an older (and a bit hard to watch) video - notice the device is still called "The Curve"? Looks like what you'd get if a mime made instructional videos…but at least it's accurate! ;)
Selig Audio, LLC

• Information