Reason 8 Modeled Channel EQ/Dynamics - what is that?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Kategra

05 Jun 2015

When loocking in to buying Reason Essentials for my laptop I was comparing the feature with full R8, and I saw this as included in R8 -> "Modeled Channel EQ/Dynamics" What devices are those exactly, could it be the SSL EQ and Dynamics, are those not included in the Essential version ?

https://www.propellerheads.se/reason, scroll to botom and click Compare->

ScuzzyEye

05 Jun 2015

That's exactly it. The mixer channel EQ and compressor are not included in Essentials. Also no busing. The latter being what I'd miss most.

Kategra

05 Jun 2015

Thanks Scuzzy!

zakalwe

05 Jun 2015

do you have reason already?  because you can authorize a laptop for use from reason 7 and up along with using log in or ignition key with a desktop machine.

Kategra

05 Jun 2015

Yes, that's what PH recommended. I thought that I have to install / uninstall as I switch between PC-Laptop. 
Thanks!

zakalwe

05 Jun 2015

glad to help.  in fact you can install reason on as many machines as you like.  the software just goes into demo mode until you use the key or log in.  though for most people, using authorisation for their laptop is best so you don't need to carry the key or rely on an open internet connection.

• Information