If you only had one choice..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
zeebot

31 May 2015

I guess this is just a bit of fun and theoretical but lets just say props ran some competition and the winner got to choose one feature they would like added to Reason. What would your dream feature be?
Personally if Ernst said to me "well, congratulations Mr Zeebot *handshake* so what is your dream feature that we will achieve no matter how difficult. Lets sit down over a latte and discuss your ideas" I would reply "Well Ernst me old chum (I am from the UK) I would absolutely love to see swappable mixers, sort of like REs and I would particularly like for the first model to be the Focusrite console please"

So, what feature would you ask for..one and only one.

EDIT: Talking of features is there a way I can link my soundcloud without having the player thing coming up? I've tried to do it but cant seem to work it out. 
Just keeps weirding me out seeing my avatar staring back at me everytime I post  :s0959:
I have embraced Allihoopa. Come listen and play with my crap Figure loops here:
https://allihoopa.com/zeebot

They really are crap.

selig
RE Developer

31 May 2015

Well that's easy, I would choose a huge feature - redesign the interface conceptually to simplify the approach and reduce the number of clicks required for each job.

The problem with this question may be that it's difficult to draw the line at "one" feature. For example, pre-roll and auto-punch together make one "feature" but they are also literally two separate features from a programming standpoint. Is "automation improvements" one feature or many?

So of course I would try to stretch the meaning of "one" as far as possible when making my choice, and where the line was drawn would greatly affect where I started. :)
Selig Audio, LLC

Exowildebeest

31 May 2015

A feature that would allow me to add any feature I want.

Edit: okay that was lame.

I'd go for a live-mode where you can launch clips and such á la Ableton - not the most original request, but I think it's one that would move Reason forward into territory it deserves to conquer.

submonsterz

31 May 2015

a modular combinator. add buttons add dials add programming slots and in out cv for all of it.

jappe

31 May 2015

I would say:
In-Reason full collaboration support. Nothing like discover, but instead for us Reason users to make collaboration seamless in the way a Reasonuser would normally expect collaboration to be done.

Julibee

31 May 2015

Direct mp3 export.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know why it isn't there, but other DAWs have figured this out.
I'm still doing it wrong.
Bandcamp | Soundcloud | Twitter | .com

Olivier

31 May 2015

I'd love to see propellerhead's take on Clip launching (or block launching...) but first:
platzangst wrote:Sampling in the RE SDK.
this !
:reason: V9 | i7 5930 | Motu 828 MK3 | Win 10

submonsterz

31 May 2015

Julibee wrote:Direct mp3 export.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know why it isn't there, but other DAWs have figured this out.
mp3 is either here or there its easy after export to wav to convert else where.
more beneficial would be wavpack format for stems packing etc would save around 50% in file sizes right there on projects and I`ve yet to hear an argument against it "NOT" being truly lossless !!

Djstarski

31 May 2015

my choice is easy , i work with a lot of vocalist so pitch correction melodyne style . 

avasopht
Competition Winner

31 May 2015

More ;)

But seriously, for me it would be a polyphonic combinator where you design the order channel architecture.

This would allow for phenomenal polyphonic sounds!

FGL

31 May 2015

Julibee wrote:Direct mp3 export.

Yes, this droves me crazy too. For every new take or change I must do a new MP3 with proper tagging in some Converter. If we would have MP3 Export it would be way more easy to update the Files on different equipment. And I think it is really important to hear the Stuff on different Devices.

tibah

31 May 2015

So, instead of having 10 guys naming 5 feature requests, this thread is about 50 guys naming 1? ;) :s0403:

As boring as it sounds, I have not one single thing I like to see passionately. I'm not saying that there is no room for improvements, I simply can't name that one thing. I have some minor things, but no big one. This is because 1. I used enough other DAWs to know why I still prefer Reason and 2. after 15 years with this software I got used to things. Everything we get is a bonus. I still wet myself over audio tracks and Rack Extensions alone. ;)

So, in that context we are talking, a theory about a contest where you could choose one feature to be added, I would probably go for a community wish. Something a majority wants to see. 

Probably PDC.

craven

31 May 2015

Exowildebeest wrote: I'd go for a live-mode where you can launch clips and such á la Ableton - not the most original request, but I think it's one that would move Reason forward into territory it deserves to conquer.
+1 for a creative live mode that uses clips or blocks so we can easily combine different sections etc.
I'm getting pretty hyped up for Reason 9, partly because I want to have the workflow improvements of Reason 8 and I'm too afraid to buy the update after waiting for so long already. I mean, who know when Reason 9 will become a reality... but it should be this year, right. Let's hope so.
:ugeek:

softska

31 May 2015

select and move multiple faders on mixer. Seriously guys, we're half way thru 21st century

Puckboy2000

31 May 2015

Djstarski wrote:my choice is easy , i work with a lot of vocalist so pitch correction melodyne style . 
I am going to buy Studio One mostly for the Melodyne integration (but hopefully to eventually work VSTs into my songs and try mastering with it). I have been watching tutorials on MacPro Video and the difference between Neptune and Melodyne is like racing a wheelchair against a Porshe. I never knew such power over processing audio clips ( vocals or polyphonic) was possible. So I agree with your suggestion 100%!
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than than that" - George Carlin

plaamook

31 May 2015

Well since others have mentioned sampling in the SDK I'm gonna pull for decent audio editing rather than this crap we have now.
If I have to be really specific I'd say I want zooming sorted out. Way in and way out.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

SteveDiverse

31 May 2015

a switch to choose between 'reason sound' and 'vst sound' 

/ducks
:reason: :reload: :record: :ignition: :refill: :re: | :rt: FTW

submonsterz

31 May 2015

plaamook wrote:Well since others have mentioned sampling in the SDK I'm gonna pull for decent audio editing rather than this crap we have now.
If I have to be really specific I'd say I want zooming sorted out. Way in and way out.
yup device sample editor is shameful .....

we have this doh......

any one remember this and earlier ?? I used a scotty pic here for quickness.
I mean hey this was all there from octamed original... so long ago and reason today has that above..... shameful. simple simple editing features.  

Attachments
octamed_ss_1_03c.png
octamed_ss_1_03c.png (12.15 KiB) Viewed 2796 times

Raveshaper

31 May 2015

This is a tough question. I agree with a lot of the ideas here. I guess mine comes down to a matter of implementation.

Since it would open up too much of the nuts and bolts running under the hood to create a device that would let you run your own rack device scripts, (similar to the Javascript device in Logic), and making it possible to assemble your own devices using a suite of "building block" controls would undermine extensions, I think I would choose the following feature:

User definable macro support. Make common tasks easier using macros.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

EnochLight

31 May 2015

If I had to choose one miracle feature, it would be direct access/support for advanced graphics processing and acceleration in RE's interactive custom displays, so we could have things like this:

Attachments
screenshot_pro-l_full.jpg
screenshot_pro-l_full.jpg (186.67 KiB) Viewed 2822 times
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Raveshaper

31 May 2015

+1000 to Enoch's one feature.
:reason: :ignition: :re: :refillpacker: Enhanced by DataBridge v5

Leighbeater

31 May 2015

To be able to drag out audio and Midi clips straight out of Reason sequencer into another DAW

eg: I can drag audio and Midi clips straight out of Ableton Live into the Reason, i want to be able to do this vice versa

hope this makes sense

GRIFTY

31 May 2015

VST support *ducks*

Marc Swing

01 Jun 2015

VST support!

• Information