If you only had one choice..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
normen

14 Dec 2015

submonsterz wrote:check my pic nothing added nothing taken straight load straight save doubles file size 603 meg from 300 meg double............................
Ah, you edited your post to be more useful. As I said, make sure you use "save and optimize". Furthermore, I am not sure what happens with imported files, maybe they don't get compressed. Audio recorded in Reason definitely is - I see that time and again when I export stems of long live recordings - the size of the export is invariably larger than the project file.

But however, its getting hard for me to understand what you want to say with sentences like "normen for someone who works with audio in reason as you say I'm surprised with your half file size this is how its all ways been for audio in reason for audio tracks". I'm telling you audio recorded in Reason is compressed in the project file, do with that information what you want.

submonsterz

14 Dec 2015

normen wrote:
submonsterz wrote:check my pic nothing added nothing taken straight load straight save doubles file size 603 meg from 300 meg double............................
Ah, you edited your post to be more useful. As I said, make sure you use "save and optimize". Furthermore, I am not sure what happens with imported files, maybe they don't get compressed. Audio recorded in Reason definitely is - I see that time and again when I export stems of long live recordings - the size of the export is invariably larger than the project file.

But however, its getting hard for me to understand what you want to say with sentences like "normen for someone who works with audio in reason as you say I'm surprised with your half file size this is how its all ways been for audio in reason for audio tracks". I'm telling you audio recorded in Reason is compressed in the project file, do with that information what you want.
using wavpak would be whole different story in every way its a format even reaper accepts and can render as well and once you've recorded bounced as wavpak and reloaded small project size by far not double like reason ...
see the point now .
and reaper can batch convert files too even better ehh this would be a bennifit to reason to accept and work with such file types .

submonsterz

14 Dec 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:I just dragged a 29MB file into a Reason project. Saved. The file is now 40MB. Not sure why! Perhaps it would be better to reference files in their original location as opposed to bringing them into Reason, although I can see why you'd want to. I greatly prefer self contained projects. Bit strange that the size should increase though...
god it all ways has with audio one of the first things I noticed when I got reason 6 was its file bloat when using audio stems.....
it sucks I have some projects which even after editing and chopping all the blank space and doing copies of sections rather than separate parts after the cutting of space and then saving then optimizing that come to over 2.5 gig its shocking .....

normen

14 Dec 2015

submonsterz wrote:using wavpak would be whole different story in every way its a format even reaper accepts and can render as well and once you've recorded bounced as wavpak and reloaded small project size by far not double like reason ...
see the point now .
and reaper can batch convert files too even better ehh this would be a bennifit to reason to accept and work with such file types .
I get it, you're fond of wavpak. Contact Propellerhead.

chimp_spanner

14 Dec 2015

I mean don't get me wrong, for now it's not really a show-stopper (although save times with a 1 GB+ file can get pretty long). But it is odd. As Normen said I think the file size of things recorded directly into Reason is more efficient. Would be interested to know why though! I think for now it's just the case that you'll have to just work with it, provided it doesn't stop you from doing what you need to do, and see what PH can say about the matter.

submonsterz

14 Dec 2015

normen wrote:
submonsterz wrote:using wavpak would be whole different story in every way its a format even reaper accepts and can render as well and once you've recorded bounced as wavpak and reloaded small project size by far not double like reason ...
see the point now .
I get it, you're fond of wavpak. Contact Propellerhead.
I am shure they know I mentioned it way back on puf its not no new format it has been around a long while now.
And I actually did send a feature request to props when I first got reason and never got a reply ever.

submonsterz

14 Dec 2015

chimp_spanner wrote:I mean don't get me wrong, for now it's not really a show-stopper (although save times with a 1 GB+ file can get pretty long). But it is odd. As Normen said I think the file size of things recorded directly into Reason is more efficient. Would be interested to know why though! I think for now it's just the case that you'll have to just work with it, provided it doesn't stop you from doing what you need to do, and see what PH can say about the matter.
no not really a show stopper now for me seeming as I had to go buy 4 terrabytes of storage to not run out for a while yet but I'm at 3 of them all ready since getting r6 as it turned to 6.5 .....

Resonator

14 Dec 2015

Wow, another wishlist thread? SMH

edx500

15 Dec 2015

Video integration would be nice OR...like someone already said, an audio editor, maybe like an RE that could launch within Reason but be separate as well for noise removal, mashups, etc..... Maybe turn Rebirth into something modern and new. Oh yeah! Don't charge extra for it! ;)

dioxide

15 Dec 2015

Pattern tracks in the main sequencer. Like Matrix patterns but using main sequencer MIDI data and allowing Remote mapping for pattern switching ala Matrix / Redrum.

• Information