novation impulse 49

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
MDTerps2015

29 May 2015

Does this midi controller integrate with rack extensions???? I know it has automap to work with stock devices. I want control of the RE's too. I know nektar works well with Reason. I also want to know can you save presets. Much appreciate your help or response.
150 paid RExtensions and still no Grammy

QVprod

29 May 2015

Nektar Panorama is the only keyboard with rack extension mapping. You may be able to create basic user maps with automap for REs (integration is not as deep), but in my experience auto map is quite horrible and unintuitive even for stock instruments in Reason.  

Emian

29 May 2015

QVprod wrote:Nektar Panorama is the only keyboard with rack extension mapping. You may be able to create basic user maps with automap for REs (integration is not as deep), but in my experience auto map is quite horrible and unintuitive even for stock instruments in Reason.  

sorry, but false... :)

i have my Nektar Impact LX49 for 2 weeks now, it has RE support trough their software for Antidote, PredatorRE, MonoPoly, Subboombass, Viking, & lots more ...

However Quad was not in there, so i contacted Rob Papen support for a remote map; here was the answer by Richard Hider (great support they have, truely ... ) :

" Hello there,

Regarding remote support for your Nektar LX controller, I have been in touch with Nektar on your behalf and they do have plans to add support for more Rack Extensions(including Quad) however they could not give a time frame as to when the updated maps will be released.

We do have a remote map template here: http://www.robpapen.com/quad-re-tools.html

Which you are free to use if you feel like editing the LX map yourself, I must stress that because different controllers handle remote mapping differently we cannot offer further support for other manufacturers. You would have to seek further advice through their support.

Thank you.

Richard

Rob Papen Support  "

End Quote
i love my Impact LX49; for a great price too !

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

gak

29 May 2015

Reason integration with novation is frustrating at best. I decided that I didn't need/want aftertouch so I went with the nektar impact 61. Integration is much better.

• Information