best brass samples

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
chrischrischris

28 May 2015

Hi,

Aside from the factory sb could I get some idess for the best available midi brass programs / vsts ideally something that would easily port into an nnxt.

Sample modeling looks good but pricey Because I need trumpets, trombones and french horns plus maybe a sax as well.

I have a 10 song 12 part per song brass extravaganza that sounds nice but could benefit from some pro samples.

I have considered real musicians but ifear that it would take far too long and far too much cash to do.

I had a price from a big band leader who heard the tracks but he said as it was way past a grade 9 level it would cost a fortune.

Thanks in advance
chris

QVprod

28 May 2015

Personally I'd say forget looking for an nnxt library and get something like Session Horns Pro in another DAW. You can bounce the audio and import into Reason if necessary. Though there is the Vintage Horns Refill by Big Fish Audio. Or an Orchestral brass alternative if that's more what you're looking for

Alternatively if You have full version of Kontakt by any chance, you might find some of Big Cat's libraries useful. http://bigcatinstruments.blogspot.com/

kitekrazy

28 May 2015

Need another DAW for this.  Try ProjectSAM Swing.  BTW it depends on what you want to do but emulating these type of instruments take a lot of work.

• Information