Trying out Discover?

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Jmax

28 May 2015

So I thought I'd try out Discover and see what all the hype is about.

I went over to the page.  Apparently it's hip-hop week which is fine, I can dig hip hop. 

I downloaded the sample, if that's what you want to call it.  I'm to "open this and build on this"

Ok I'm excited. Kinda.

So I opened it.  Guess what, it's clipping by +7-8 .  With everything completely bypassed. A little confused I haven't touched it yet. I haven't touched my equalizer, compressor or maximizer and already it's clipping at almost 10 db.  

Why would props allow this? at least provide a quality sample that's not mixed to heavily so we can go in their and 'build on this'.

It's like burning a pizza in the oven then taking it out and expecting to taste great when cooled down and reheated.

I like the whole concept of Discover but not when the basics are not covered. Has anyone else had fun playing around with some other beats via Discover?

Gaja

28 May 2015

Why didn't you hear the clipping before you downloaded the file?
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Jmax

28 May 2015

I was using headphones so I didn't notice it at first but try it out yourself.

FGL

28 May 2015

No Clipping Problems here. I tryed all Reason, Take, and Figure. Mysterious. Every single File is far away from clipping.

Jmax

28 May 2015

I'll try it with the default rack and see what happens.

ahs

28 May 2015

is there way to tag your music !?
i can't find anything

FGL

28 May 2015

Jmax wrote:I'll try it with the default rack and see what happens.
I see in another Thread that you are trying something with the Master Chain and Ozone behind this. That could be the crux of the matter.

FGL

28 May 2015

ahs wrote:is there way to tag your music !?
i can't find anything
Not possible now and even no search. For the use inside the Community i put my into the Signature.

ahs

28 May 2015

but how can PH tag p.e. some music as ambient !?

FGL

28 May 2015

You can't. This Ambient Section that you see is managed by PH and connected to a contest.

• Information