What madness is happening over at props??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
The Intrancer

23 May 2015

Tincture wrote:I took a listen to the first two Scotty... I know where I'm at just about... I like to keep my delusions but I'm getting ready to be a farmer/driver/...

I just don't think you are the right guy to be giving advice on Music Software. Sorry.
LOL :D , Damn, I knew I should have started producing music with my Casio SK1 at 6 instead of 8 years old. ( actually they probably didn't exist when I was 6)
AKA Scottym         
http://www.reasontalk.com/profile/3716617 
https://soundcloud.com/scott-moncrieff-1 13 Tracks
http://www.soundclick.com/theintrancer 16 Tracks  
Independent views and advice-Digital CGI/Music Artist, Forum Stats & Links Extended- Embrace And Learn From What I Do Or Disengage, It's Your Choice, Life Is Getting Shorter - I've No Time For Cry Babies

ahs

24 May 2015

whats about if props close their business.
where do our RE's go ???

The Tone Ranger

24 May 2015

I might be the only person who thinks these rig bundles are bad value. Why would I want to pay €119 for all those RE's when I can buy the ones I want separately for less?

Gaja

24 May 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:I might be the only person who thinks these rig bundles are bad value. Why would I want to pay €119 for all those RE's when I can buy the ones I want separately for less?
Well let's say you wanted valley people dynamite and the selig leveler and de esser.
You'd be well over 119€.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

CharlyCharlzz

24 May 2015

The Tone Ranger wrote:I might be the only person who thinks these rig bundles are bad value. Why would I want to pay €119 for all those RE's when I can buy the ones I want separately for less?

if you think they bad values then yhea dont buy it LOL
but it is a super value bundle in any commercial way possible and it's a fact .

It does not die , it multiplies !

7.101 and I will upgrade maybe this summer .

CharlyCharlzz

24 May 2015

Theo.M wrote: Nutshell: propellerheads are committed to sending their own plugin format to the Grave.

3 + years old now.. when the product has reached the 5 year milestone, no influx of big names yet on board, and continuing declining prices, we will see what more of you have to say.

I made the quote smaller for space reasons LOL
yes then I see you think pretty much the same i do on this ,
I think Props are just needing a good promo buzz and nothing more , to me it is not the RE format the trouble but more the fact that there is 5 good DAW's that host vst's vs Reason&RE's .
in other words there is way more clients possible in the vst world and nothing interesting inthe DEVS point , ZERO adventages for RE devs but the fact that you are exposed in the shop and have a descent protection system .
I have nothing bad to say against the software and the discount and bundles take all price critics out of my mouth and lock it in a box , I also must say that I think MCdsp , softtube , robpapen and a few other aint small time companys IMO .
I think there is activity's in the shop from there app buzz but if there is no huge buzz like the record scandale or something it's just going to stay calm again .
but what could they do ? they need more clients maybe but aint going to get some with new RE's that is for shure , the only thing they could do is make reason free and make money on RE's right now IMo so this way peoples will come by millions and click on RE trial.
they should give Reason 9 for free to make a huge buzz worldwide and I aint talking a pay what you want for a week .
that saayed I must say I have no idear on anything related to what is best for props :)

pjeudy

24 May 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
Theo.M wrote: Nutshell: propellerheads are committed to sending their own plugin format to the Grave.

3 + years old now.. when the product has reached the 5 year milestone, no influx of big names yet on board, and continuing declining prices, we will see what more of you have to say.

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
I think Props are just needing a good promo buzz and nothing more , to me it is not the RE format the trouble but more the fact that there is 5 good DAW's that host vst's vs Reason&RE's .
in other words there is way more clients possible in the vst world and nothing interesting inthe DEVS point , ZERO adventages for RE devs but the fact that you are exposed in the shop and have a descent protection system .
I have nothing bad to say against the software and the discount and bundles take all price critics out of my mouth and lock it in a box , I also must say that I think MCdsp , softtube , robpapen and a few other aint small time companys IMO .
I think there is activity's in the shop from there app buzz but if there is no huge buzz like the record scandale or something it's just going to stay calm again .
but what could they do ? they need more clients maybe but aint going to get some with new RE's that is for shure , the only thing they could do is make reason free and make money on RE's right now IMo so this way peoples will come by millions and click on RE trial.
they should give Reason 9 for free to make a huge buzz worldwide and I aint talking a pay what you want for a week .
that saayed I must say I have no idear on anything related to what is best for props :)
Biggest sticking point from developers that responded to my email inquires..are...They want to host there own devices on there site, the SDK limitation still and the Big King Kong size Gorilla that can barely fit in the room , never mind the corner. 30%- 50% CUT ON THERE DEVICE from a small market software format !
My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Theo.M

24 May 2015

CharlyCharlzz wrote:

CharlyCharlzz wrote:
in case there was any misunderstanding, I did mean that RP, Softube and Mcdsp are big names, not small.. I was using them as examples of the few big devs in RE, saying others that were big had disappeared except for those.

Yes the pricing point is moot now with all the deals, but it still feels hurtful to those of us who have sacrificed so much to support the format early on, and I can't change my mind about that.
I can only change my purchasing habits in the future.

KEVMOVE02

24 May 2015

i would strongly encourage everyone who is still in crisis over the recent changes in Propellerhead's marketing strategy to immediately read the book Who Moved My Cheese? by Spencer Johnson. It is appropriate to want to express disappointment when a partner changes the terms of a long term relationship, but as some point, we have to realize that its time to move on. Especially when every sale, promotion and new customer offer send us into a spiralling depression, resulting in multi page diatribes about evil corporation that betrayed their most loyal customers for a few pieces of gold. Propellerhead exists for the purpose of selling software tools for a profit, so everything they have done this year has been pretty consistent to that ideal. 

CharlyCharlzz

24 May 2015

Theo.M wrote:
in case there was any misunderstanding, I did mean that RP, Softube and Mcdsp are big names, not small.. I was using them as examples of the few big devs in RE, saying others that were big had disappeared except for those.

Yes the pricing point is moot now with all the deals, but it still feels hurtful to those of us who have sacrificed so much to support the format early on, and I can't change my mind about that.
I can only change my purchasing habits in the future.
The way i see it you had the new mercedes when it came out and rided all over the place with it ,
guys like me waited hard to get anything and well .... no more Showtime fun LOL but extra wallet power for shure

Guys did the same you did but worst and by millions with i-tunes and stuff and they aint getting the new re-masterise updated mp3 on there account if it pops in the store if that can help in anything lol .
Also you had it all refound once wich is epic but then ... well I know a bit of the story but let's just say you returned with the wish to try & buy ;)

to me for what I need it's way cool , I wish them success and the fact that  the shop is addictive is telling me they aint doing that bad but yhea no models is great in this software world IMO and even FL are slowing there roll's along with the buy rate they have .

trimph1

24 May 2015

I don't give a toot what they do...as long as it works here I be a happy fellow :s0230:
....and a whack of hardware synths and who knows what...

stfual

24 May 2015

Most other sw companies I deal with offer some kind of "you own x we'll give you a discount on y" approach. Propellerhead deliberately don't seem to want to do that. Reason does seem to be very attractive to new customers at the moment so maybe the free iPhone recorder thingy is pulling people in and they are milking that.

I bought a lot of REs on impulse when they first started but my buying behaviour has changed as a result of propellerhead policy on bundles. Perhaps I'm in a minority and maybe the all new business means they don't give a shit but my buying behaviour has changed so to me at least they are losing sales. That's feedback not complaining.
Surely the validity of your reasoning depends on the quality of your musical output?

Don't know who said this because scrolling all the comments on a phone is painful but it's clearly nonsense. I can point to a lot of dead from stupidity brilliant musicians to prove it.

Grantham

03 Jun 2015

OK, not to flog a dead horse but I need to flog a dead horse.

I originally posted this thread as I was bemused at the marketing strategy of the specific RE Bundle promotion. I thought that it stood out as unfair to existing owners by virtue of how much difference there was in the amount of product given to those who presumably had never really sprung for an RE on release. I just wondered if it was strategically clever to do that to your base, as I now will never ever buy an RE at full price.

I thought that if it was a slightly short term thought out promotion, an extra twist of the knife was reducing the cost to $150 from $199, now p*ssing off the folks who'd just spent on the bundle which was only a few weeks old.

But three strikes and madness beacons, now the bundles just got upgraded to 1.1 with even more REs, Refills and Instruction videos. And the price has gone back up to $199 but the upgrade is free to those who bought it at $149

A) To the developers at Props: You guys are amazing, produced an incredible product that I for one love.
B) To tech support at props: You guys are amazing, have always helped in an incredible way whenever I needed.
C) To the marketing and promotions guys at Props. F*ck you, you are slowly undoing a lot of the great work done by A and B, simple as that.

G

eusti

03 Jun 2015

Grantham wrote:
But three strikes and madness beacons, now the bundles just got upgraded to 1.1 with even more REs, Refills and Instruction videos. And the price has gone back up to $199 but the upgrade is free to those who bought it at $149
I don't think there are any new RE's added. (At least not to the Synthetic Rig that I bought during the sale...)

D.

avasopht
Competition Winner

03 Jun 2015

Is it just me?

eusti

03 Jun 2015

avasopht wrote:Is it just me?
Huh? ;)

D.

selig
RE Developer

03 Jun 2015

adfielding wrote:Not sure I understand the hate. Either a product is worth the asking price to you, or it isn't. I bought the Ozone Maximizer years ago for about 3 times what it's going for now, but I'm still incredibly happy with my purchase. Nobody is forcing you to buy these products.
Plus a zillion!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

Upright

03 Jun 2015

forensickbeats wrote:I find the company policies way too blundery and unpredictable to be worth further investing in it. 

I completely agree.

gak

04 Jun 2015

I think all hosts should give lifetime free updates and all the FX, like FL studio....wait, FL studio sucks! :rofl:  

Kenni
Site Admin

04 Jun 2015

adfielding wrote:Not sure I understand the hate. Either a product is worth the asking price to you, or it isn't. I bought the Ozone Maximizer years ago for about 3 times what it's going for now, but I'm still incredibly happy with my purchase. Nobody is forcing you to buy these products.
Exactly this!
Kenni Andruszkow
SoundCloud

True

04 Jun 2015

forensickbeats wrote:I find the company policies way too blundery and unpredictable to be worth further investing in it. 
Upright wrote:

I completely agree.
But you aren't investing in the company; you are purchasing a product. I don't understand why you would buy a product that doesn't work for you. And if it does work for you, then future upgrades would be a perk, not a necessity.

I can't say I'm a fan of everything Props is doing, and I can't say Reason has every feature I would like. But I love the program and use it all the time because it does what I need. The day that stops being the case is the day I stop using it, regardless of what the company does.

Alkua

04 Jun 2015

I think the new free refills and videos for rigs is a solid move of PH. Also, look like these refills will uptade.

Grantham

04 Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by adfielding
Not sure I understand the hate. Either a product is worth the asking price to you, or it isn't. I bought the Ozone Maximizer years ago for about 3 times what it's going for now, but I'm still incredibly happy with my purchase. Nobody is forcing you to buy these products

I mean that's a fair enough point, in general, the market price on any given day of a product you use does not correlate to how or how you don't choose to use that commodity. But in this instance, as in with this promotion, I'm not sure how applicable it is. It's not the price devalue as much as the sheer volume of additional included elements. Do companies have sales, of course. If you buy at full price are you at risk of paying more than you would at a future date. Of course, and your choice to risk or wait. But my real question in this promotion, and really just gauging how people feel (this is just software after all so first world problem gripe and all that) is,  does a promotion where someone who had presumably not purchased an element to date but can now pay considerably less than you and...this is the key...most likely gain access to a lot more resources\content than you acquired for more money make you feel good, bad or indifferent towards the vendor. And was there a way Props could have strategized this to be all inclusive.

True

04 Jun 2015

Grantham wrote:...in this instance....It's not the price devalue as much as the sheer volume of additional included elements.
But the question remains: Did/do you consider the product to be worth the price you paid? If not, then why did you buy it? If so, then what are you complaining about? A change in price (or included items) is not the same as a change in value.

Now, you may say that you can't trust the company to keep a consistent price (or deal), and that may be fair, but to say (or even imply) that they are ripping you off by charging others less that what you consider a fair price or by including more items with an older product...well, that's more of an emotional argument than a rational one.
does a promotion where someone who had presumably not purchased an element to date but can now pay considerably less than you and...this is the key...most likely gain access to a lot more resources\content than you acquired for more money make you feel good, bad or indifferent towards the vendor. And was there a way Props could have strategized this to be all inclusive.
How you feel about anything is entirely up to you. Again, the question is whether you feel you can trust the company. Your reasons for that may be rational, in which case a rational rebuttal has been offered...or they may be emotional, which a company may anticipate but can hardly be expected to make major decisions based upon.

• Information