Studio One 3 Kontakt, EXS, and Giga Support. PH Should do a RE like that

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Alkua

20 May 2015

I just watched the ad of Studio One 3 and this feature call my attention. Even though, Studio One support VST they still has Presence XT can open EXS, Kontakt, and Gigi.

I think R9 should bring one like that
Attachments
Studio_One.png
Studio_One.png (882.06 KiB) Viewed 2657 times

kitekrazy

20 May 2015

They can only open unlocked Kontakt libraries.  As for Giga support that's pointless.

pjeudy

20 May 2015

My opinion is that Propellerhead REASON needs a complete rewrite!
P.S: people should stop saying "No it won't happen" when referring to a complete rewrite of REASON. I have 3 letters for ya....VST
Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:53 pm

adfielding

22 May 2015

I'd love to see some of the bigger Kontakt libraries in Reason - right now I'm bouncing between Studio One and Reason primarily because Studio One has access to certain libraries that I find kind of essential for the sort of project I'm working on. Also Reaktor. And Microtonic :)

Not really sure I see the point in this though, why not just use Kontakt 5 Player?

Also I genuinely had no idea that Studio One 3 was even out! Man, that title just gets more and more awkward.

QVprod

22 May 2015

adfielding wrote:I'd love to see some of the bigger Kontakt libraries in Reason - right now I'm bouncing between Studio One and Reason primarily because Studio One has access to certain libraries that I find kind of essential for the sort of project I'm working on. Also Reaktor. And Microtonic :)

Not really sure I see the point in this though, why not just use Kontakt 5 Player?
It's only for unprotected Kontakt libraries so I guess the idea is not having to buy full version Kontakt for those libraries that aren't "Powered by Kontakt" as they wouldn't work (completely) in the player version.

adfielding

22 May 2015

adfielding wrote:I'd love to see some of the bigger Kontakt libraries in Reason - right now I'm bouncing between Studio One and Reason primarily because Studio One has access to certain libraries that I find kind of essential for the sort of project I'm working on. Also Reaktor. And Microtonic :)

QVprod wrote:
It's only for unprotected Kontakt libraries so I guess the idea is not having to buy full version Kontakt for those libraries that aren't "Powered by Kontakt" as they wouldn't work (completely) in the player version.
Yeah I realised that after I typed it (go figure!) - I also completely forgot that the people selling libraries have to pay for a Kontakt Player license. Makes sense!

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 May 2015

Wouldn't it be so awesome if Propellerhead got into bed with NI!

adfielding

22 May 2015

avasopht wrote:Wouldn't it be so awesome if Propellerhead got into bed with NI!
I would love to be able to open Kontakt libraries in Reason. That, and video support, would go a long way in killing the need for me to use anything else.

QVprod

22 May 2015

Even something just like Presence XT would be good. Keep the NNXT for user sampling and then a Presence-like sample player for loading other libraries would be wonderful. I think IDT pretty much blocks this from ever being a possibility though.

kitekrazy

22 May 2015

QVprod wrote:
Even something just like Presence XT would be good. Keep the NNXT for user sampling and then a Presence-like sample player for loading other libraries would be wonderful. I think IDT pretty much blocks this from ever being a possibility though.
 I doubt there's any difference between the two.

avasopht
Competition Winner

22 May 2015

kitekrazy wrote:
 I doubt there's any difference between the two.
IDT requires the developers to create the GUI and potentially carry out other miscellaneous porting duties (though there may be little to none). This means IDT will not see many libraries available until the sounds designer ports it.

Secondly IDT doesn't yet seem to offer streaming functionality.

Other than that they are very similar in what they offer to the user.

• Information