Reason Essentials now only $49!!! :-)

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Alkua

22 May 2015

Another DAW intro price at $49. That is a good "epidemia" jejejej

Attachments
2319347.jpeg
2319347.jpeg (175.27 KiB) Viewed 925 times

joeyluck

22 May 2015

The Reason bundles are still great to consider for newcomers,
but now is also a great time for newcomers to get Essentials and a Rig bundle or a few (on a super duper sale). $150 each!

Lots of options. And still an upgrade path to Reason later...

joeyluck

22 May 2015

yeah, this one is just a sale though, Reason Essentials is a price change :)
Alkua wrote:Another DAW intro price at $49. That is a good "epidemia" jejejej

tibah

24 May 2015

I'm having a little question for someone with Essentials 8.2 (but also maybe Reason 8.2 in general).

One of the main features I use in Essentials 2 is the ability to create my own REX loops from audio files. Once you bounce the loop it appears in the tool window and you can export it to your HDD as a permanent file.

Obviously, since I only run the demo of Essentials 8, I can't export anything from the program, but this feature is still there of course. A newly created REX file appears in the browser, showing it as self-contained. Now, since I know how the old way worked, I wonder where the option for exporting this self-contained REX file would appear in the new browser or maybe in the file menu? There is an option to export MIDI from REX loops in the file menu, but nothing indicating the option I look for.

Please don't tell me they took that one out! ;)

EDIT: Found it in the manual.

Theo.M

26 May 2015

That's an absolute bargain, assuming it's the same RE as always (i.e able to run RE's and no track limits).

Faastwalker

26 May 2015

adfielding wrote:I know at least one person who I've been badgering to pick up Reason Essentials who will be very happy with this.
Would be rude not to at the new price. Add to this the incredible bundle deals & May madness currently on offer. You could get Reason Essentials 8 & load it up with a plethora of devices to cover all your needs for a few hundred bucks right now. A great time to be a new Reason user. People complain that existing users are getting a raw deal. I don't buy this view. Propellerheads have always been generous. It's only the lacklustre Reason 8 upgrade that has ever challenged this for me.

tibah

26 May 2015

Theo.M wrote:That's an absolute bargain, assuming it's the same RE as always (i.e able to run RE's and no track limits).
Yea, it is. :)  Unlimited audio / instrument tracks and ability to get all the REs.

After some time now using the new browser I got into the benefits of it and *upgraded* from Essentials 2 just because of that. Having not to stop playback to import an audio file via a 2nd window is a huge plus. Furthermore, the ability to not have a device load a standard patch from its library is my preferred way of working with Rack Extensions. With Essentials 2 and this disabled, I always had to manually browse to the Rack Extension patch folder in the browser, find the Rack Extension in the list, browse patches. Now, you can have a device set not to load a standard patch e.g. for your own tweaking, but the browser will now focus the right folder when needed. I don't care much for the new amps, but the last days playing with the demo, the new browsing really got on me and after a while I knew I couldn't go back to the old way, even if it seemed minor at first.

Now one can wish for PH to manage to have samples and loops align to what's already playing e.g. start at the bar, auto-align tempo. :)

cocoazenith

31 May 2015

This is an amazing deal if combined with their May Madness sale.

Hello everyone btw. I used to post on the old Ph forum. This is my first post here.

I own the full version of Reason 8 but i never use it in it's entirety. I never use Maelstrom, Kong and many other features. What got me into Reason was the sequencer, Redrum and NN-XT which I still use mostly in these days.

I am seriously considering selling Reason 8 in the following weeks and getting Essentials 8 plus the Outboard Rig and something like PX7 today. I would end up with an almost zero
investment and would get a more personalised version for a change.

tibah

31 May 2015

cocoazenith wrote:This is an amazing deal if combined with their May Madness sale.

Hello everyone btw. I used to post on the old Ph forum. This is my first post here.

I own the full version of Reason 8 but i never use it in it's entirety. I never use Maelstrom, Kong and many other features. What got me into Reason was the sequencer, Redrum and NN-XT which I still use mostly in these days.

I am seriously considering selling Reason 8 in the following weeks and getting Essentials 8 plus the Outboard Rig and something like PX7 today. I would end up with an almost zero
investment and would get a more personalised version for a change.
Hiya! :)

Yup, that's pretty much what I did. If one can get happy without the big mixer and working with its features (e.g. parallel channels). I also prefer Redrum, NN-XT, OctoRex and Scream4 over many other devices in the full version and now with the rigs, as you mentioned already, you can add a bunch of great value to this.

The only difference is, that I more or less only got *hand-picked* Rack Extensions, that I bought when I sold most of my plug-ins and my license for Studio One. It does help that I have a decent Refill collection that works mostly around the devices I have with Essentials, like NN-XT.

• Information