very slow opening / closing program

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
8cros

19 May 2015

My program works fast, the only problem is the slow opening and closing. It appeared after version 7.01 Crush and appeared again after the upgrade. In our speaking community, no one knows what it is.
Help me ...

It lasts for 5-7min. My default is set as the standard. The temporary folder is updated periodically.
I have no idea what could be wrong. I do not write to technical support, because the reinstallation does not help.
Record For The Real Force
REASON RESONANCES

ScuzzyEye

19 May 2015

Are you running 7.01, or 7.11? There's an update that's been released, you might want to check it out. Especially if you're on a Mac, as 7.12 has fixed a bug in 7.11.

https://www.propellerheads.se/download/reason71/

8cros

19 May 2015

last reason 8
(8.2d133 b6003)
REASON RESONANCES

8cros

20 May 2015

I fear that the technical support will not help me. I have a regular version of Reason. This problem is very serious obstacle.
This inhibition during opening and changing projects simply should not be. What happens then do? The program works as usual.
REASON RESONANCES

alex

20 May 2015

I can share my experience. I'm on a i5 laptop, Windows 7 64bit.
I had really slow perfomance issues when opening songs / scanning song folders, and at the same time windows event viewer had many "iastor0 did not respond within the timeout period" error messages. I had to disable CD/DVD-ROM from BIOS (sic!) and then both slow performance and error messages stopped.
I suspect the antivirus switch (forced by my company) was involved, but I hadn't enough time to investigate it further.

So first check your windows events log for errors and as workaround try disabling antivirus or disabling CD/DVD player or any other "suspect" device.

The best things happen after reading the manual. ;)
:reason: :re: :refill: :ignition:

8cros

20 May 2015

So first check your windows events log for errors and as workaround try disabling antivirus or disabling CD/DVD player or any other "suspect" device.
Thank you drew my attention to the setting windows.
The problem is on the surface. My automatic updates were disabled. They have accumulated a lot. The problem has completely disappeared with the installation of the first of a number of updates.

:s0221: again very fast
REASON RESONANCES

• Information