Bass sub harmonics

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tone

16 May 2015

I have been using an Ashdown amp for these. Is there any way of plugging the guitar in direcrlt and adding these in reason?

My thanks for any replies.

Tincture

16 May 2015

If I'm understanding you correctly you can use the Polar RE to pitch down an octave or two. For subharmonics as in distortion, try red rock's bass enhancer maybe?

Benedict
Competition Winner

16 May 2015

Hi

I am not aware of a sub-tone generator in Reason (or in RE form). Of course you could play with things like Neptune (auto tuner) to create lower tones either within the device or by CVing out to a synth. In my (possibly limited) experience I found adding sub-tones to be ugly so I think if you have an Ashdown and like that tone then probably best to stick with that.

Otherwise Reason makes for a very nice (easy to use but powerful) studio application.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Gaja

17 May 2015

Red Rocks bass enhancer does this (calculate and add natural sub harmonics)
Cheers!
Fredhoven

tone

17 May 2015

Thanks guys. Having seen the value of my MAG 250 and the cost of a pedal to do the job I am thinking of hanging on to my amp and running it without speakers if this is safe.

selig
RE Developer

18 May 2015

Gaja wrote:Red Rocks bass enhancer does this (calculate and add natural sub harmonics)
This RE does not generate sub harmonics (at least when I demoed it), as can be seen by sending a tone to the unit and checking the spectrum analyzer. It also has what I consider to be a bug in that there's a dip in the frequency response related to the settings on the front panel. Easy enough to check with the spectrum analyzer.

And YES there definitely is a sub harmonic generator in the FSB, which I know because I created it myself! Whether or no it does what you need can easily be determined in a few minutes.

It's located in the FSB under "multi FX" for some reason - or search for Sub Harmonic Generator. This device works similar to the octaver (octave divider) type effects by using a flip flop to generate a square wave an octave below the input, which is then filtered to remove the upper harmonics (if desired). it's not a perfectly clean effect, and works better on drums (especially kick IMO) than bass/guitar. But it's got it's own 'personality' that can add character to a sound for sure!
:)
Selig Audio, LLC

ProfessaKaos

18 May 2015

Gaja wrote:Red Rocks bass enhancer does this (calculate and add natural sub harmonics)
selig wrote:
This RE does not generate sub harmonics (at least when I demoed it), as can be seen by sending a tone to the unit and checking the spectrum analyzer. It also has what I consider to be a bug in that there's a dip in the frequency response related to the settings on the front panel. Easy enough to check with the spectrum analyzer.
Yeah still has the dip in frequency response at certain settings and definitely does not generate sub harmonics.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

• Information