Demo Mode

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
clone

16 May 2015

I think I'm having trouble with my internet provider, it's been a little spotty, very slow and can't always get into a site. The most frustrating thing Is I can't always get into Reason, it always says It's in Demo Mode? Anyone ever have this issue?

Thanks

Gaja

16 May 2015

Demo mode means you can't open songs or export. If you have no internet connection, no ignition key, and the computer isn't authorized, then Reason can't verify whether or not you own a license, and thus switches to demo mode.
You can get around this by authorizing your computer for offline use or getting an ignition key.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

EnochLight

17 May 2015

clone wrote:I think I'm having trouble with my internet provider, it's been a little spotty, very slow and can't always get into a site. The most frustrating thing Is I can't always get into Reason, it always says It's in Demo Mode? Anyone ever have this issue?

Thanks
Agree with Gaja.  Authorize your computer for offline use - both Reason and all purchased RE's.  Problem solved.
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

clone

17 May 2015

Thanks for the replies, it was my internet. I tried rebooting my modem several time during the week but still wasn't doing the job. So I called and they reset then I rebooted modem again. 

clone

17 May 2015

Damn, still having issues with internet. I'm trying to authorize computer and key but it doesn't let me, because of the internet problem. Is there another way by doing this? Can I just do it through reason or it does have to be done by propellerhead site? I do have an ignition key but it won't let me authorize it.

EnochLight

17 May 2015

clone wrote:Damn, still having issues with internet. I'm trying to authorize computer and key but it doesn't let me, because of the internet problem. Is there another way by doing this? Can I just do it through reason or it does have to be done by propellerhead site? I do have an ignition key but it won't let me authorize it.
You absolutely have to have a (somewhat) stable Internet connection and authorize your computer (or Ignition Key), for both Reason as well as any purchased RE's if you want to use everything offline and never have to worry about Internet.

Demos/trials will always require you to log in, and if you have any demos that haven't timed out, look forward to Reason attempting to phone home and re-download a license file once the trial runs out.  If you don't let it, then you'll have trouble again.  

What sort of problem/error is it throwing when you try to authorize?  Is Authorizer saying that the connection is being lost or is the license server giving you errors?  PC or Mac?  What OS?
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

clone

17 May 2015

I own the full version of reason 8 and have A ignition key. It's not letting me authorize anything, not I just lost my RE's. 

Not doing it now but when it doesn't let me log onto reason, a pop window comes on and says, to plug in ignition key or balance. 

Gaja

18 May 2015

You can authorize your ignition key from any computer with internet connection. Just plug it in, go to props site and license away. Could be in an internet cafe fwiw.
Cheers!
Fredhoven

Noplan
Competition Winner

18 May 2015

The good thing about reason ist, that i start every new song in Demo-Mode. 

clone

19 May 2015

OK, the only web site that I have a problem with now is Propellerhead. Is anyone one else having problems with PH? I have only purchased 2 RE's and I can't even download them back from the site! Why the hell did they even disappear? I was able to authorize my key yesterday but can't authorize my computer. If it's not A internet problem can it be my computer? I have a late 2010 iMac.

• Information