Fresh installation R8 Codemeter issue..

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
eox

09 May 2015

Hey guys, yesterday I reformatted my SSD trying to get some spring cleaning going on. Now, after getting everything up to date I installed Reason 8 which then led me to install Codemeter. At first it installed fine and everything was great (last night). Then today it wouldn't work at all. It just said that the service was stopped. So I uninstalled Codemeter, deleted it's registry, then attempted a reinstall. Everything appeared to be installing until it reaches the "Starting Services" part. I would then get an error stating that the codemeter service could not be started and for me to be sure I have privileges to start system services. Which I do being the ADMIN of my computer.

I have no Anti-Virus installed as of right now.
Windows Defender, disabled.
Windows Firewall, disabled.
I am at a loss here.. Anyone have any idea what to do?

hydlide

09 May 2015

i had similar issues. What I did here different: run the installer as administrator. Everything worked out since then.

I am not sure if this will sort out your issue though.

eox

09 May 2015

hydlide wrote:i had similar issues. What I did here different: run the installer as administrator. Everything worked out since then.

I am not sure if this will sort out your issue though.
I've given up..spent hours on this so I just reformatted the HD again and starting over! (Wasn't to far into the fresh installation anyways). It's just frustrating with how things can go sometimes. We are spoiled when we get accustomed to everything working great all the time!

arqui

09 May 2015

I had a similar problem recently.
I install the reason 7, uninstall it, and then install Reason 8.
I hope to be helpful.
regards
      Reason 11 Suite, perpetual license :reason:

• Information