Question to Rack Extension Developers

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Alkua

08 May 2015

With the new feature in the SDK (2D Support) you (developers) will re-design the interface of your existing rack extension or this feature is just for the new ones?

rcbuse
RE Developer

08 May 2015

Alkua wrote:With the new feature in the SDK (2D Support) you (developers) will re-design the interface of your existing rack extension or this feature is just for the new ones?
Its available if a developer wanted to do that, but a whole UI redesign is quite a task.  I imagine you might see it on a few that release a major version 2 device, like you have seen 2-3 REs converted to the custom displays, but I don't think there will be many.  I think its going to be mostly new ones.

plaamook

09 May 2015

I don't want to sound like a moron here but what's the whole 2D thing? I'm assuming its really simple UI like Ableton for example? Rather than the virtual hardware look?
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

ScuzzyEye

09 May 2015

Up until SDK 2.2 all REs were rendered from 3D assets. The RE that you download only contained 2D elements, but it was always possible to generate higher resolution pieces from the 3D source. With 2.2 the 3D part can be skipped. The RE developer can generate the 2D elements directly. These elements can look how ever the developer wants them too. They can be pseudo 3D, and still look like hardware, or they can be simple, flat pieces. The 3D option is still available too, that's not going away. This is just another option to allow developers who were having trouble with the 3D to port their existing devices to the RE format.

• Information