Any UAD Apollo with Reason users out there??

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
tyerac

23 Apr 2015

Hey guys,

I just purchased a UAD Apollo twin DUO to use in Reason. I've found a cool way to route the audio out of reason, and into the UAD Console software to apply UAD effects, and record back in (Thanks to users on this site and others). This does not involve bouncing out the audio or using rewire, but instead uses the clever internal routing within reason and the UAD console software. I'm beyond excited to start using it on my reason audio tracks for effects.

Anyone else using a UAD interface within reason?

Kevin
I'm keeping it ALL in Reason.... Within Reason.

normen

23 Apr 2015

*raises hand* Make sure to get VMG-01 to compensate the latency from the UAD routing ;)

tyerac

23 Apr 2015

Hey there normen. Whats VMG-01?  I'm new to UAD with reason so any tips or tricks to using it?

Kevin

tyerac

23 Apr 2015

ahhh I just googled it. looks like a great device! Will check it out this evening, especially the delay measurement. Outstanding stuff!!

Any other tips and tricks you have come across while using the UAD with reason?

normen

23 Apr 2015

Not really, with the twin you're bound to the virtual channels, with the normal Apollo you could do an ADAT loopback and get 8 additional channels of effects in Reason.

tyerac

23 Apr 2015

I plan to use just one track of processing at a time (What i'm doing now with external VST's) And then print the audio in reason one track at a time. That way I can focus on just one track/effect and it will save valuable DSP inside the Apollo. 

Thats my plan anyway :-)

tronam

08 Nov 2015

As a recent Apollo Twin user who's been wondering if I'll have to continue using Soundflower to get loopback functionality in Reason, this has been helpful. I didn't even notice the virtual I/O channels initially, so thanks for pointing me in the right direction. It turned out to be a lot easier to set up than I first thought.
Music is nothing else but wild sounds civilized into time and tune.

• Information