Using Reason and Melodyne together...

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ReasonUser

16 Apr 2015

I'm strongly considering the purchase of Melodyne, and was wondering if there are any established workflows discussed for Reason users. Given the lack of Rewire Host mode in Reason it seems like it would be "impossible" to get these to programs to sync. I figure there must be other Melodyne users on here, since its features are too powerful to ignore.

So what's your best workflow for using Reason and Melodyne together?

normen

16 Apr 2015

Melodyne editor is a standalone app, just load your vocal tracks into it.

ReasonUser

16 Apr 2015

normen wrote:Melodyne editor is a standalone app, just load your vocal tracks into it.
Yes I understand that. But I was wondering if there was a better workflow. One where you could hear the vocal in the context of your song in real time. I'm Guessing this means no.

drloop

16 Apr 2015

I have older version of Melodyne Studio and use it as Rewire host to Reason when I arrange Choirs and lead vocals.
After I am finished editing I export from Meoldyne into Reason with wav files.

eusti

16 Apr 2015

I export a version of the playback and one of the unprocessed vocals, then import those into Garageband... Then use Melodyne as a plug-in...
Not very comfortable, but lets me find the right notes in context of the song...

D.

QVprod

16 Apr 2015

You would have to buy the studio bundle to get the Studio version (along with their flagship, Editor) for $699 USD to use it directly with Reason as a Rewire Master. Aside from that, you can either use any of the other versions in standalone without hearing it along with the rest of the music, or use it as a plugin in another DAW so you can hear the rest of the music along with the track you're editing.

I use Melodyne essential with Studio One. Though I generally do most mixing of audio/vocals in S1 anyway.

• Information