Thor Talks: Marco

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Marco Raaphorst

15 Apr 2015

Today I had some fun in trying to make the Thor synth in Propellerhead Reason say my name Marco. Check it out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vs1wS4Ft7rs

See also my blog http://melodiefabriek.com/blog/thor-talks-marco/

Orion

15 Apr 2015

Nice!

Now you'll never be lonely.

Marco Raaphorst

15 Apr 2015

hydlide wrote:https://translate.google.com/#nl/en/marco
dont forget to press play ;)
sounds very British too me :D

hydlide

15 Apr 2015

yeah true, just teasing here a bit :)
i did certain experiments with text to speech and they sometimes go "wtf" on me. Awesome stuff though. Something similar as the "beatbox" trick using google translate using it on german :D

Marco Raaphorst

15 Apr 2015

doing a whole song would be fun. but takes so much time. and probably something like 40 Thor devices :D

TheGodOfRainbows

16 Apr 2015

Very cool. Is it possible to create any word with Thor? Can all vowels and consonants be created? If so, that would be amazing, but I assume not because I have not come across many examples of people experimenting with Thor in this regard. Plus it must take a lot of time and matrix programming talent to make that happen. Anything more than basic patch creation from scratch is over my head. I have tried to reverse engineer the "I am Thor" patch in Reason, and I might as well be studying quantum mechanics. It's beyond me.

Soft Enerji

16 Apr 2015

I'm originally from Scotland and I'd swear yer Thor is from Glasgow! :crazy:

Marco Raaphorst

16 Apr 2015

TheGodOfRainbows wrote:Very cool. Is it possible to create any word with Thor? Can all vowels and consonants be created? If so, that would be amazing, but I assume not because I have not come across many examples of people experimenting with Thor in this regard. Plus it must take a lot of time and matrix programming talent to make that happen. Anything more than basic patch creation from scratch is over my head. I have tried to reverse engineer the "I am Thor" patch in Reason, and I might as well be studying quantum mechanics. It's beyond me.
Yeah probably you can (noise OSC must be activated for this), but it's hard work. It's really like learning how to speak with a synth :D

Marco Raaphorst

16 Apr 2015

I would love to do a song with it one day. takes some time and effort.

woozy

16 Apr 2015

Thor voice sound great but that parsec robotic voice sounds better to me, much cleaner, would it be great if some makes whole alphabet letters for thor voice. maybe be in my dreams.  :)

Marco Raaphorst

16 Apr 2015

woozy wrote:Thor voice sound great but that parsec robotic voice sounds better to me, much cleaner, would it be great if some makes whole alphabet letters for thor voice. maybe be in my dreams.  :)
Just creating alphabet letters would not be enough, the trick is to use tempo in the sequencer to get real sounding words. 

Parsec I don't own. Can't really try it.

jfrichards

16 Apr 2015

Using complex waveforms in Shape to control 10 rear parameters in Malstrom results in the level of complexity in a human mouth, but it would take a long time to control it.

In this, you can hear the word "Philadelphia", and the phrases "I Love Myself" in the middle and "No Big One" at the end, created through random modulations.

Reasonistas
RE Developer

16 Apr 2015

That's cool Marco. 

Actually, in my Reasonistas video tutorial bumper I used the FSB "I Am Thor" patch and Peff provided me his Thor patch saying "Reason".  The "istas" comes from DLD Technology's ST-1 Speak & Tweak Re.
https://youtu.be/bMKZf7enS1w
ImageImageImage

Marco Raaphorst

16 Apr 2015

Noel G. wrote: That's cool Marco. 

Actually, in my Reasonistas video tutorial bumper I used the FSB "I Am Thor" patch and Peff provided me his Thor patch saying "Reason".  The "istas" comes from DLD Technology's ST-1 Speak & Tweak Re.
Peff also did a great job. I like the sound of it. You probably can do these kind of Daft Punk alike "Harder, Better, Stronger" things with Thor. Might try that as covertune.

drloop

16 Apr 2015

We have a Thor patch saying the name of our band, Thinkingmachine.

Thor... the man machine.

Marco Raaphorst

16 Apr 2015

drloop wrote:We have a Thor patch saying the name of our band, Thinkingmachine. Thor... the man machine.
great!

TheGodOfRainbows

16 Apr 2015

drloop wrote:We have a Thor patch saying the name of our band, Thinkingmachine. Thor... the man machine.

THAT is awesome!. You know, I think this thread should become the official "Thor saying things" thread where people share all their Thor vocalizing work. I said earlier that I haven't found a lot of experimentation done with Thor's talking ability, and I would really like to have a place where people explored this more in depth and broke down the elements of creating a letter, a word, and a phrase. I find it fascinating. 

I want to hear more. And if anyone has any tips please share.

• Information