Remember to back up your Reason saves

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
deepndark

15 Apr 2015

It was EditEd4TV, who always reminded us to back up our files. He was right, losing your Reason saves makes us almost cry. Save your files to 2 different locations (and not C : - because I know how bad it feels to lose data. :s0403:

jappe

15 Apr 2015

Good reminder!
These days, I use Onedrive directly. Not perfect reg. speed, but I never worry about losing projects.
every now and then I do backup to a disk as well,just in case the cloud dissolves.

zakalwe

15 Apr 2015

time machine/whatever windows has b2b cloud service is the best.  I use dropbox, onedrive and iCloud for various things.  one drive for the samples etc. because i got 1TB with office 365.

i save out my reason files on my desktop PC to iCloud and they copy to my mac, open perfectly.  pretty slick.

Soft Enerji

15 Apr 2015

I try to back up my whole PC at least once per month to an external HDD and I store that at my mother in law's house. Come on now no need for mother in law jokes :) .

I also try to back up my music folder at least one per week but I often slip up on that one so thanks for the reminder!

Cheers

Mark

Orion

15 Apr 2015

Thanks for the reminder!

And always keep one of your backups in a different place, away from your home and/or studio.

That way if it burns down at least you'll have your music.

I lost a decade's worth of stuff like that.

jappe

15 Apr 2015

Orion wrote:And always keep one of your backups in a different place, away from your home and/or studio.

That way if it burns down at least you'll have your music.

I lost a decade's worth of stuff like that.
That's important too!
For family photos and videos, I have a disk at home in a safe box, and a disk in mothers house.
My kids know the password on those disks...and I've written down a short hint about the password on the top of the disks,with info about the contents. Just in case they'll find me one day resting my forehead against the keyboard with Reason running at bar # 36000

gak

15 Apr 2015

I keep all my projects on my E drive. I also back up stuff to my external drive regularly. Which reminds me, it's time to do that today!

EnochLight

15 Apr 2015

CrashPlan FTW!!!!  I haven't worried about losing data for years, thanks to those guys.  And just for shits and giggles, I also store all of my Reason data (song files, refills, samples, etc) on my Google Drive.  Cloud bliss.  
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Pinkbox

16 Apr 2015

I had troubles with CrashPlan once. It actually... crashed all my folders I wanted to backup. A total mess. :frown:
I use Google Drive, 2$ a month for 100 Go, 10$ a month for 1T...

• Information