Song End Marker

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
Ostermilk

14 Apr 2015

What a mysterious creature this has become in R8.

I know it is useful for putting some dead space at the end of a song,  I also know by shift clicking the timeline you can easily put it where you like (even thought there's no obvious way of finding out where it actually is by looking on the Transport bar and it's not in view.)

What I want to know though is whether I can actually navigate to it via a key combination.  I would think it's such a key part of the geography of a song you'd be able to get to it easily, i.e. without having to scroll to it.

I find it's useful to stash odd clips off the end of the song so they don't get printed when I bounce out audio but on a long song it can be a pain getting to it in a hurry.

So please tell me I'm missing an obvious shortcut for quickly getting to the end of the song when I'm working on a short looped section at the beginning.

Thanks for any enlightening suggestions anyone may care to share.

Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2015

Best I can think of is that End is shown in the overview so so can slide to it pretty quickly.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

Ostermilk

14 Apr 2015

Benedict wrote:Best I can think of is that End is shown in the overview so so can slide to it pretty quickly.

:)
Yep, me too.

Strange thing is I've been silently dealing with it for years and I just know it's going to infuriate me everytime I think about it now... :D   If I let it that is... ;)

• Information