Sequencing FM Tones???

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
ScuzzyEye

14 Apr 2015

As I understand it, Operator is a 4-op FM synth (along with offering other synthesis methods). There's no native FM synth in Reason that's as deep as that. Although, Thor can do single-op stuff. So if you want to do 4-Op, you need four Thors (or the Propellerhead's PX7, which is 6-op, and I believe there's a 4-op coming soon from another developer).

If you want to try the 4-Thor method, here's a page I found offering a guide:
http://www.reason101.net/101-creative-r ... fm-system/

Benedict
Competition Winner

14 Apr 2015

Hi

Thor can definitely do more than 1 Operator FM. Each OSC is one Carrier + Modulator (2 OP) and you can then FM from one OSC to another. I'm guessing if you use the Filt & Mod Env along with global and Amp you are close to 4 OP if you plan ahead.

Definitely enough to do what this video suggests. Use Mod Matrix or Automation and you are set.

Oh and yes FM4 is on the way and a nice step into a dedicated FM synth for sure. Here is a taster of some of the presets I am making.

:)
Benedict Roff-Marsh
Completely burned and gone

ScuzzyEye

14 Apr 2015

Benedict wrote:Hi

Thor can definitely do more than 1 Operator FM. Each OSC is one Carrier + Modulator (2 OP) and you can then FM from one OSC to another. I'm guessing if you use the Filt & Mod Env along with global and Amp you are close to 4 OP if you plan ahead.
Oh yeah, duh. Thor is natively 2-Op (before you start playing tricks). I was counting wrong. :P

• Information