Generic Melody Generators Combis

This forum is for discussing Reason. Questions, answers, ideas, and opinions... all apply.
electrofux

12 Apr 2015

While messing around with the new ReDrum Remote Map and the idea of making a polyphonic CV Sequencer with Redrum i started creating combis which turned out quite cool.

They use Aligator as a Pattern Source and Redrum and a ModPanel as a PitchSequencer adding Pitches to the Aligator Pattern.
The Modpanel has extensive control over the Pitches. You can set the rootkey, and the scale, set the octave -2-10+1+2 and adjust the Note alltogether via offsets. The scales are programmed into a Zvork SL1.
Also needed are the RVL1 Display, ModSelsor and the new SelectCVSwitch which is such a usefull device (and a couple of free devices are needed too).

There are two versions.
One uses a Matrix, where you can draw in the PitchSequence and one uses Redrum for the Pitchsequence and the 8 Pitches of the Sequence can be set via the ModPanel Faders (one of the RVL shows the Position). The Redrum one has 4 built in Patterns (Forward, Backward, Pendulum1 and Pendulum2). The Redrum one has the benefit of everything being controlled via the ModPanel and thus can be nicely remote controlled and each pattern can be saved as a ModPanel Preset.

Hope you like it.

In here are some older versions:

http://www.reasontalk.com/post/new-redr ... 0?trail=50

I figured to start a new thread here in order not to derail the other one too much.
Attachments
AliPitchSequencers.zip
(22.26 KiB) Downloaded 39 times

ahs

13 Apr 2015

nice ... if i had all the re's  :crazy:
what if i buy from hamu not the normal modpanel but the newt pond. how can i replace yours ?

electrofux

13 Apr 2015

ahs wrote:nice ... if i had all the re's  :crazy:
what if i buy from hamu not the normal modpanel but the newt pond. how can i replace yours ?
That has been a Problem from the start. You cant really that easy. But i could make a Newtrol Version since i got both. Just tell me if you go for it.

ahs

13 Apr 2015

yep. i am on the black ones now !

electrofux

15 Apr 2015

https://vimeo.com/125097392

short video of me fooling around with one of the combis.

ahs

16 Apr 2015

electrofux

mabe i can have the blackones ?

electrofux

16 Apr 2015

I have updated the one in the video and made a black version.
Attachments
AliPitcher_PurpleandBlack.zip
(23.88 KiB) Downloaded 30 times

ahs

16 Apr 2015

you are my friend !!! :s0221:

electrofux

18 Apr 2015

The part of the combi where you set the 8 Notes can also be nicely used to insert notes into Korde Sequencer.

• Information